Mega Millions upto $810 million

Help Support CattleToday:

1.1 billion for tonight's drawing, 29 consecutive drawings without a winner, the last time there was a winner the winning ticket was sold in Minnesota.... hmm :)

Just might have to take the $2 I won last week by not buying a ticket and invest it today. :) at least it's fun to daydream about winning.

Last edited:
Last week Raising Cane's fast food chicken fingers franchise (1.5 billion yearly revenue) spent 100k buying a lottery ticket for every one of their 50,000 employees. CEO AJ Kumaran announced they've done it again for tonight's drawing 100k for all of their 50k employees nationwide a 13k lumpsum payout each if they hit.

Last edited:
The winners — John and Lisa Robinson in Tennessee, Maureen Smith and David Kaltschmidt in Florida, and Marvin and Mae Acosta in California — split the full prize, giving them the option of roughly $533 million before taxes as an annuity or $327.8 million as the lump-sum payment.

The winners — John and Lisa Robinson in Tennessee, Maureen Smith and David Kaltschmidt in Florida, and Marvin and Mae Acosta in California — split the full prize, giving them the option of roughly $533 million before taxes as an annuity or $327.8 million as the lump-sum payment.
When was that? The drawing is not until tonight.

I see now, that was the powerball from a few years ago.

Mega Millions pot 1.28 billion
winning numbers 13-36-45-57-67 Mega Ball 14

Looks to me that it might not have gone out bcs 1-12 (month date players) didn't hit
and 4 of the 5 numbers were above 31

I kinda sorta won another $2 bcs I didn't feel like driving 2 miles out my way for a ticket. Missed on all of my numbers, the closest I had was Mega Ball 16 and it was 14

Fun fact: Odds of winning 300 million to 1 bet holding a $2 ticket is the same as if you didn't buy a ticket. :) lol

Last edited:
I bet lots of people went to bed/woke up unhappy/disappointed.

😆 I got a ticket yesterday. I never play but said sure why not. I have not even checked numbers yet, but I'm pretty sure both numbers had a single digit on em.

Ah well. It was something to do I guess.

I didn't win, but I also didn't lose. Each time I was in town I forgot about buying a ticket; I was busy chasing parts.

A single winning ticket was sold in Illinois, the 1.28 billion jackpot is the 2nd largest in U.S. history. The announcement by the lottery director did not reveal in which city in Illinois the ticket was purchased. Apparently we will just have to wait for the winner to come forward to claim their prize.

In other news from Illinois, Chicago's richest man Ken Griffin 53 announced he is relocating his 22 billion dollar company, Citadel Securities, to Florida.
The announcement comes a year after an employee was stabbed walking to work and Griffin himself had previously been the victim of an attempted car jacking in Chicago. Griffin stated, I've had multiple colleagues mugged at gunpoint and countless issues with burglary. If people aren't safe here, they're not going to live here. It's a difficult backdrop to draw talent to your city.
He reported his family has already moved to Florida.

Last edited:
2 Minnesotans each won 1 million dollars in the Mega Millions drawing.
Under Minnesota law, winners of over $10,000 can remain anonymous.
The tickets were sold by a Casey's and Holiday gas station in Forest Lake and Fridley.

2 Minnesotans each won 1 million dollars in the Mega Millions drawing.
Under Minnesota law, winners of over $10,000 can remain anonymous.
The tickets were sold by a Casey's and Holiday gas station in Forest Lake and Fridley.
Totally off topic but, we never had Casey's in this area until last year when Pilot sold all of their convenience stores to them so that they can focus on their Travel Centers. I have to say that Casey's is the absolute worst convenience store I have ever been in in my entire life. They took out all-name brand products and replaced them with "Casey's" knock off crap. Pilot was founded in the Tri-Cities, and we had a ton of them in East Tennessee (last I saw, Pilot was the largest gas and diesel seller in the US). I predict Casey's will not last long in Tennessee. The store I was in was pitiful.

Last edited:
Totally off topic but, we never had Casey's in this area until last year when Pilot sold all of their convenience stores to them so that they can focus on their Travel Centers. I have to say that Casey's is the absolute worst convenience store I have ever been in in my entire life. They took out all-name brand products and replaced them with "Casey's" knock off crap. Pilot was founded in the Tri-Cities, and we had a ton of them in East Tennessee (last I saw, Pilot was the largest gas and diesel seller in the US). I predict Casey's will not last long in Tennessee. The store I was in was pitiful.
I will have to agree. Tried to get gas at Casey's yesterday and could not get the pump to work so I went to another station. When I got home I noticed the three attempts at getting the pump to work using my credit card they charged my card $3 ($1 a try.) You can see the stores going down to what they use to be.

Stopped at Buc-ee' and their gas was $3.44 which was way below everybody else. Also a pleasant experience all the way around.

Last edited:

Latest posts