Products of Yesterday Year...

Help Support CattleToday:

You mentioned smoking everywhere. I can remember being sick and going to see the doctor, and he would be smoking in the examining room.

White only and black only restrooms and drinking fountains in the court house. Restaurants were white only.
"Dixie Cup" ice cream with the wooden spoon
Little locally owned motels-tourist court with neon sign flashing "refrigerated air".
Ethyl gasoline
Push button "turtle hull" openers that were never locked

mwj":2q51px13 said:
I am 66 and I do not want to go back to those ''good old days'', you folks can have my share!

I don't want to listen to Howard Cosell again. Other than that, it was all pretty good. They mentioned soda bottles, when they went from 3 cents to a nickel, I thought I might get rich.

"He might go all the way !!!"

A water fountain too. TB was talking about ethnic restrictions. Atleast they had them. Now you have to buy a bottle of water.

backhoeboogie":2vs5y057 said:
A water fountain too. TB was talking about ethnic restrictions. Atleast they had them. Now you have to buy a bottle of water.
You have to buy air too.

"There he come. Dribbling. Right down the middle of the court. Didn't have nothing on but his PF's. Made a hook shot and got out thru the concession stand".

I remember the Watkins salesman. Mom always bought vanilla flavoring, pepper, linament and vitamins from him. Ever so often the Electrolux man would come buy and she would buy a package of bags from him. And of course the "Avon" lady.

Clackers, I remember my sister swung a set of em at me once. Wrapped around my head a knocked the sht out of me.right on the ball of my skull...

I remember clackers. That would sure enough hurt to get hit upside head with a set. I think the ones I had ended up wrapped around a light wire. Remember those parachute men you could get for 10 cents? You wrapped it up and threw in the air and it would parachute down? I wrapped a rock in mine so I could throw it higher and threw it up and the rock fell on the hood of my neighbor's car.

ga.prime":13qoc6zp said:
I remember clackers. That would sure enough hurt to get hit upside head with a set. I think the ones I had ended up wrapped around a light wire. Remember those parachute men you could get for 10 cents? You wrapped it up and threw in the air and it would parachute down? I wrapped a rock in mine so I could throw it higher and threw it up and the rock fell on the hood of my neighbor's car.
yeah, I sure miss those old M80's and cherry bombs to...a box of those,and get those creative juices flowin' .. :cowboy:

Latest posts