Space Shuttle

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see the Shuttle fly over this morning.. It was beautiful!

Neat to see I imagine--A once in forever experience for sure.
I always wanted to go to Fla to see one lift off, but never made it.
Maybe if they do build the SpaceX facility down in deep South Texas I can go see something there.

greybeard":2rmg6cyu said:
Neat to see I imagine--A once in forever experience for sure.
I always wanted to go to Fla to see one lift off, but never made it.
Maybe if they do build the SpaceX facility down in deep South Texas I can go see something there.
Hard to believe that BHO would not designate one of the shuttles to be on permanent display in Houston at Mission Control.

Glad you got to see that.. I too had the same experience years ago when they first started that program. Just an amazing sight.

I can tell I'm going to get bashed for this----------one of the biggest waist of money our country ever got involved in. I could kinda understand when we had a space with The USSR. Nothing to prove now.

Bigfoot":2dlzq0qc said:
I can tell I'm going to get bashed for this----------one of the biggest waist of money our country ever got involved in. I could kinda understand when we had a space with The USSR. Nothing to prove now.

We can get bashed together because I think it's a gigantic waste, too. We knew from telescopes there was nothing on the moon and it would not sustain life, but we had to go there anyway. What good was that? The same thing with Mars and I bet they find a way to dump billions into that project.

actually the scientific advances made in the early years were phenominal.....
nearly every advance since the sixties has roots in the NASA program.
recent years not so much....

While there's things on that list I'm not even sure what they are, I know that physical therapy was around long before the sixties as was the artificial heart. Could be that there were gadgets made by NASA that helped the AH along, tho.

What City and State do you associate with the NASA program ? Why did they not get a space shuttle to display. ( Clue) H------ we have a problem.

cowboy43":39vl537f said:
What City and State do you associate with the NASA program ? Why did they not get a space shuttle to display. ( Clue) H------ we have a problem.

I guess if you had $28.8 mil and met the criteria you could have had one too. :lol:

Houston did not get a shuttle, but we did get a full size replica that people can go inside and see what it is like. Kids can have hands on experience. I think that is better than getting one that a person can only see the outside of it. Visitors are not allowed inside of the real shuttles. However there are many people that are not satisfied with it.

If I had known to look for it, I may have been able to see it myself. Most flights going into Bush intercontinental pass over my property--depending where their flight originated from. I saw the pic on the front page of the Chronical earlier--good looking picture on an unusually clear day..

slick4591":2f68xexs said:
Bigfoot":2f68xexs said:

We can get bashed together because I think it's a gigantic waste, too. We knew from telescopes there was nothing on the moon and it would not sustain life, but we had to go there anyway. What good was that? The same thing with Mars and I bet they find a way to dump billions into that project.
We cannot afford it. :help:

cowboy43":3kdxnp2y said:

"Houston we have a problem"..............we voted Republican. :shock: No space shuttle for mission control. Go make you a "reasonable facimile".

One of the things that came out of the Space Program is this thing you're typing on.
And the money was not shot off into space - the jobs were here on Earth. :bang:

Latest posts