Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

Fuel spill at pump #5... No worries, Angela has it under control.
main-qimg-0d7d9d66fc7e5c9b808e283dbabe0125

main-qimg-d587b818e5d81b5c7ae87fc8fc630768

This thread seems to be having issues. @Marie Try posting something to it. The only way I could post was to reply to a former post... and then it came up on my own former post.
Real smart... use cat litter for the fuel spill with a cigarette in your hand.....😦😦😦☹️☹️

Lot of non-smokers on here, I see. You can have a five gallon bucket full of gas, and put a cigarette out in it. Has to have flame... a spark...to ignite.
LOL... then I guess you are in the camp that would suck deep on your coffin nail as you scatter kitty litter in the rising fumes.

On the other hand... I never got burned by an over abundance of caution.

Wife and I were driving together to hang a new gate yesterday evening, just to confuse the cows. This song came on and I started singing along "Love me tender, love me sweet, give me something good to eat….."

She did not think that was funny.

Yes, but it takes a spark to ignite it, You can douse a red hot poker in a bucket of gas, no matter how hot it is, or a coal is, or something. But a spark, even a tiny one from static electricity, will ignite those fumes.
We had a terrible accident at our school in the early 80's . Our principal, janitor, and a couple of summer student workers were killed . They had taken up carpet in a classroom and was using gasoline to dissolve and get carpet glue off the concrete floor . An electrical spark when a floor buffer was turned on ignited the fumes . Tragic decision to use the gasoline but who would have thought flipping the switch on an electric motor would have set it off ?

'know'...or 'knew'?
I didn't know her very well, only talked to her a couple of times. She lived down the road from me when I lived in Colorado. I was working on some quotes in the office at the time, heard the explosion ran out the house to see smoke. The garage door was partially blown out, I grabbed a snips to cut the door cables and pulled the door out of the way. The other neighbors grabbed a garden hose and had the fire out before the firemen got there. I will never forget the look of her head above the headrest, all blackened short bits of hair.

Lot of non-smokers on here, I see. You can have a five gallon bucket full of gas, and put a cigarette out in it. Has to have flame... a spark...to ignite.
The key words are 'full of gas'. If only partially full, vapors form between the top of the gasoline and top of the bucket and you will be very lucky to get the cig down to the liquid before the vapors flash off and you sure don't want to try it with a red glowing freshly inhaled cig.

The girl's lucky the hot cherry didn't fall off of her cig on top of the gas puddle, or drop her cigarette.

Latest posts