Doesn't Get Any Better

Help Support CattleToday:

CB, get a couple for me. I've been mowing shooting lanes, moving a few stands, and trimming roads. Looking like a good year for doves, my corn field I planted for the deer is loaded up with doves.

Caustic Burno":1jwxn6id said:
Football is here, dove season opens in a couple of weeks then bow season in six weeks.
Like a kid waiting on Santa can't hardly wait.
I know how you feel CB... this is definitely my favorite time of year coming up!!!

Went to check fence and feeders this morning you could see where a big boar walked right down the county
road then turned left and carpet bombed my pasture.
I would love to introduce him to a 223 or 32-40.

Caustic Burno":38xe89gr said:
Football is here, dove season opens in a couple of weeks then bow season in six weeks.
Don't forget we also get rid of this hellishly hot weather. :nod: :nod:

TexasBred":10eu78wn said:
Caustic Burno":10eu78wn said:
maybe..............I saw lots of very hot Christmas Days when I was growing up in Harris County Tx--or seemed hot back then anyway..

greybeard":cbfzyggc said:
TexasBred":cbfzyggc said:
Caustic Burno":cbfzyggc said:
maybe..............I saw lots of very hot Christmas Days when I was growing up in Harris County Tx--or seemed hot back then anyway..
GB I haven't hunted in agest but in the 70's and early 80's we usually had to wear thermals, jeans and coveralls on opening day and dang near froze to death in old shack. Last time I hunted I think I wore shorts and a teeshirt. Global warming I guess.

I want the first serious cool front to make it in here so I can go wet a hook. Otherwise I fill like a pig on a spit!

TexasBred":3rdvel68 said:
Caustic Burno":3rdvel68 said:

Was a perfect late August day here today. Cloudy and rain off and on all day. I got 1.50" rain in my guage which seemed pretty typical all over. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Temp at noon was 58 degrees 8) 8) 8)

John SD":21uvufpt said:
TexasBred":21uvufpt said:
Caustic Burno":21uvufpt said:

Was a perfect late August day here today. Cloudy and rain off and on all day. I got 1.50" rain in my guage which seemed pretty typical all over. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Temp at noon was 58 degrees 8) 8) 8)

Give us a report in January ;-)

Latest posts