Game Cameras

Help Support CattleToday:

I've had great luck with Moultrie game cameras. Had one hiccup with one that wouldn't take a picture at night. Called them up and customer service was top notch. They ended up replacing it with the newer more expensive model. My cameras are probably 10 years old also.

Attachments

• 38EF6354-9A95-4C4B-B1D4-FF723AC7410B.jpeg
    38EF6354-9A95-4C4B-B1D4-FF723AC7410B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have several Browning Strikeforce IR cameras and three Spartan wireless cellular cameras and use them in my trapping work. With the cellular wireless cameras, I can monitor traps from home, trigger traps, etc.

Check out the cameras and reviews at trailcampro.com Buy from them and get free two year warranty. Good people to deal with. Dave

The problem I find with most cameras is battery life. Although the last moultries we used, batteries lasted about 8 months.

had a neighbor cover my tractor with household trash one year after bush hogging my property. They built a house on the zero lot line, not my fault. Had the suspect vehicle on camera. The police wouldnt do anything about it. Said she isnt right in the head. Find that they are the sheriff's cousins.

The problem I find with most cameras is battery life. Although the last moultries we used, batteries lasted about 8 months.

had a neighbor cover my tractor with household trash one year after bush hogging my property. They built a house on the zero lot line, not my fault. Had the suspect vehicle on camera. The police wouldnt do anything about it. Said she isnt right in the head. Find that they are the sheriff's cousins.
Pics cant be used to convict them only point the cops in the direction. The person has to admit it or cops have to find the goods on the person.

I have several Browning Strikeforce IR cameras and three Spartan wireless cellular cameras and use them in my trapping work. With the cellular wireless cameras, I can monitor traps from home, trigger traps, etc.

Check out the cameras and reviews at trailcampro.com Buy from them and get free two year warranty. Good people to deal with. Dave
I've been looking at the Spartan cameras for a security and game deal. The reviews are very high on the camera and customer service. Do you know about how many gigs of data your camera uses per month? Trying to decide on a data plan.

I have probably 15 of the Strikeforce cameras now. My only complaint is if you leave them out year round in the sun the lenses will crack around a year and a half or so. I have probably 5 or 6 busted up like that. Eventually the moisture gets to them and the go out after that.

We've got the Stealth Cam model STC-G42NG and captured a photo of a dumb azz crossing our fence and taking a crap on our property before working on the adjoining property. With this and other pictures the adjoining landowner paid for stretched fence to be repaired.
trespassing-1.JPG

We were having a problem with squirrels in our pecan trees, so we took a few of them out, and set a couple on the pipe railing by the creek. Got a photo of a hawk getting breakfast.
hawk.JPG

The Stealth Cam has worked good for us, except being left out for a couple of months and the camera went thru several rain storms. After that the daytime pictures have a reddish tint to them.
STC_3191.JPG

We purchased another of the same camera for around $120 including 16 gig card and shipping from Overstock the other day.

Last edited:
We've got the Stealth Cam model STC-G42NG and captured a photo of a dumb azz crossing our fence and taking a crap on our property before working on the adjoining property. With this and other pictures the adjoining landowner paid for stretched fence to be repaired.
View attachment 1357

We were having a problem with squirrels in our pecan trees, so we took a few of them out, and set a couple on the pipe railing by the creek. Got a photo of a hawk getting breakfast.
View attachment 1358

The Stealth Cam has worked good for us, except being left out for a couple of months and the camera went thru several rain storms. After that the daytime pictures have a reddish tint to them.
View attachment 1359

We purchased another of the same camera for around $120 including 16 gig card and shipping from Overstock the other day.
I had the same problem with Stealthcam. They took great pics but eventualltly leaked and stopped after a year.

I read somewhere that woodpeckers would peck and break out the fresnel lens on some trail cameras. Do an Internet search for that subject and you can probably find that information and how to replace the lens yourself.

I read somewhere that woodpeckers would peck and break out the fresnel lens on some trail cameras. Do an Internet search for that subject and you can probably find that information and how to replace the lens yourself.
I have an older F250 with the chrome mirror frames. Twice, a bird has gotten into a fight with himself in the mirror and cracked the mirror. Sets on the frame and pecks away until he breaks it.

I had a Moultrie that worked real well for me. Son borrowed it. Set it up on a old logging grade that people walk on. Someone stoled it (surprise) He bought me a used Moultrie off Ebay. It is a piece of junk that doesn't work half the time. Might be the reason it was listed on Ebay.

Moultries I've had weren't sealed up good enough to keep ant's out, both were absolutely packed with ant's and the pictures not too good. I have a couple of Wildgame cameras that take good pictures in the daytime not so good at night. I don't buy expensive cameras, have had to many stolen.

Those tiny microscopic size ants can get into a trail camera thru a vent, external power jack, loose gasket or ?? and ruin a camera. They make a nest inside and lay millions of wet eggs causing much corrosion and short circuits. It's very maddening to open your camera and see a million ants fall out. To help remedy the problem I started spraying the tree or post that the camera was attached to with a strong yard and garden bug spray. So far that has stopped the problem. I also tried putting Permethrin 10% solution on the camera itself and discovered the chemical actually softened the plastic camera case and suffered some case cracking, hinge failures, etc. Spraying the tree seems to worked out best.

Dave

Nothing for nothing I bought a cheapy off the Amazon for 40 bucks or so and it's picture quality is pretty decent. It's no supreme quality night pictures by any means but it is pretty good. I think it's a victure

B23; sorry for the late reply. Regarding my cell camera data usage; I run four Spartan cell cameras in my trapping work via my Verizon service. My Verizon service plan is for 4gb of data per month and I never exceed that with those cameras taking hundreds of pictures every week. The key to keeping my data use low is that I have a WiFi router at home from my Spectrum catv service in which it is unlimited text and messaging. So essentially I have unlimited data use while at home when using the cameras, looking at pictures, etc. You can also set the cameras to download pictures "only" when you are connected to a WiFi to further minimize data usage but that isn't possible when I am in the field or woods working. Other brands of cell cameras have their own plans for data. Be sure you understand all before jumping in. Hope this information helps. Davexx1

Before buying any cell camera make sure you have a good fairly strong cellular signal in the area where the camera will utilized. The cameras are cell company specific. Also, the cameras operate best and longest on the Energizer lithium ion batteries. Those are $21.98 here at Sam's Club for a package of 18. The Spartan camera takes 12 batteries. Battery life will depend on total number of pictures, night time pictures deplete batteries quicker. I get about 2,000 +- photos from a set of batteries. There is a lot to learn, but it is pretty cool when you get it up and running and the pictures start rolling in.

Latest posts