Gonna Lose a Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

allergic reaction? to latex or the rubber tubing or one of the meds maybe?
idk..just thinkin out loud.
something from the test or the footrot treatment..any one common thing hasn't changed since the first treatment? it all got bad after the treatment for that. or ya figure it was too long

dieselbeef":2trjxgza said:
allergic reaction? to latex or the rubber tubing or one of the meds maybe?
idk..just thinkin out loud.
something from the test or the footrot treatment..any one common thing hasn't changed since the first treatment? it all got bad after the treatment for that. or ya figure it was too long

Honest to God I am at the point where I just don't know anymore. I will just have to see how it plays out and how the necropsy goes.

Sorry to hear all this 3way!
Could the chronic swelling actually be edema? If so, seems like there could be a cardiac or pulmonary issue. Would they be willing to also give you the heart and lungs for inspection?

This has been a very interesting read sir, sorry for your loss. Your time and money spent show that you do what is needed as an animal Sheppard watching your flock. Great way to learn from this when you post your findings.
Question: Sorry if i missed it in the reading, has any blood testing been performed for other diseases?

In a human patient that would have had a similar procedure, we would suspect a pulmonary embolism. (A clot formed from the cath trauma, broke loose and went to the lung.)

Sorry to hear of the misfortune. Hope it works out in a positive manner with a good recovery.

branguscowgirl":2fyzf3cs said:
In a human patient that would have had a similar procedure, we would suspect a pulmonary embolism. (A clot formed from the cath trauma, broke loose and went to the lung.)

His lungs sound fine as does his heart. I believe as do all the vets involved that the problem lies somewhere in his neck. Not further down the pipe.

3waycross":o3ueyt6m said:
branguscowgirl":o3ueyt6m said:

His lungs sound fine as does his heart. I believe as do all the vets involved that the problem lies somewhere in his neck. Not further down the pipe.
Just throwing some thoughts around. I am sure they are right.
Hope he turns around. But anxious to know the cause.

this sucks 3way,i know you talked about pap testing but after reading about all this i am learning something new,i didnt know it was that evasive ,its something we never do around here

Took a good hard look at him today. Looks like he may have turned the corner. He has lost easy 100lbs in the last month but he seems to be feeling a lot better. The green grass might just be the ticket.

I took a picture today and if it came out I will try to post a before and after so ya'll can see the difference.

3waycross":yo12m9uv said:
Took a good hard look at him today. Looks like he may have turned the corner. He has lost easy 100lbs in the last month but he seems to be feeling a lot better. The green grass might just be the ticket.

I took a picture today and if it came out I will try to post a before and after so ya'll can see the difference.

Fingers crossed that he is on the mend Vic!

Kathie in Thorp":1x8qs2ei said:
Hope he's still progressing on the positive side, 3-Way.

He seems to have turned the corner. Not gaining a lot on straight grass but his energy is greatly improved and the swelling in his neck is almost completely gone.

Even if he gets 100% I will be lucky to break even on what I had him sold for this year, but seeing him look so much better is very gratifying.

I really like this calf and want to see him live to breed some cows for someone.

Latest posts