Loving this weather!

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
We've had above normal weather all winter-with no prolonged cold spells or blizzards- which was easy on both man and beast...Now the calves are enjoying the sun and 60 degree spring weather- and I'm getting spoiled... Wish every calving year was this nice of weather...

DDA Maddie 355 Reg: AAA 17784111 babysitting... In this warm weather the cows would rather lay in the straw instead of eating it... But as you can see- none are hurting for feed... All these early calves are sired by our Trackrunner bull- 17506127 ...

L B B Mary 01X Reg: AAA 16744208 and her 67 lb bull calf.. Should make someone a sleep all night heifer bull and has a ton of maternal breeding in his pedigree...

Cole Creek Juanada Rita 69W Reg: AAA 16453096 and her 72 lb heifer calf... This gal raises a nice calf every year...

It's been mild here too (but a little wetter than most years).. The calves really do love laying in the sun, I think it does them a lot of good

Well I ain't been so lucky...

20160321_135018.jpg

IMG_20160305_WA0000.jpg

Supa Dexta":t52gz8sx said:
Well I ain't been so lucky...

20160321_135018.jpg

IMG_20160305_WA0000.jpg

YIKES! We need to be thankful for what we have...
El Nino has been awful nice to us this winter- BUT according to prediction from past El Nino years we may be looking at a hotter and dryer summer... Much of the state is already behind in moisture and there is no snow in the mountains like normal years...
Also, in this area, past El Nino years have often been followed by La Nina winters- with below normal temps and above normal snowfall...

Yeah I brushed his head off ahead of the picture to check. Then he got to spend half a day in the basement. He was my 1st of the yr, but doing good now, couple weeks old - but he was nearly 2 weeks early

Feb was mostly clear and mild. Sunny days and frozen ground.. Moving calving back didn't do me any favours this year - but do what ya can with it.

IMG_20160308_WA0002.jpg

Latest posts