Mini horse

Help Support CattleToday:

Meet Naynay our mini horse!! 👋🏽Hi Naynay!!! We think she is in heat. She just had her 2nd 🎂birthday. Should I start looking for her a baby daddy or is it to earlier?? She doesn't have any fancy papers (not registered). We brought her off Craigs.... for all I know she could be a regular horse. 🤣😂🐎🤷🏽‍♀️ She is cute I wanted her so we got her. 🤣😂 Really we got her for our children. My daughter is the same age 2! 🥰 They can be sasshole together. 🤣

Chevy said:
Meet Naynay our mini horse!! 👋🏽Hi Naynay!!! We think she is in heat. She just had her 2nd 🎂birthday. Should I start looking for her a baby daddy or is it to earlier?? She doesn't have any fancy papers (not registered). We brought her off Craigs.... for all I know she could be a regular horse. 🤣😂🐎🤷🏽‍♀️ She is cute I wanted her so we got her. 🤣😂 Really we got her for our children. My daughter is the same age 2! 🥰 They can be sasshole together. 🤣

Horses are wonderful. Horses are some of the first memories I have. We had draft horses. I grew up with them. Some folks grow up with dogs. I grew up with these big huge draft horses. They are the most gentle beasts on earth. My brother and I would go out in the pasture and get on them bareback. We were probably only 60 pounds. It is amazing how wonderful those memories are. I loved those horses.

92 yr old Uncle passed a few years ago. He had built is operation into a large modern farm.
Few years after he retired and moved to town I asked him what he missed most about farming.

His answer surprised me... The Horses (before my time) he was most proud that his Pa trusted
him to hitch up the draft horses by himself and take them out to work the fields.
He sure saw a lot of changes in his lifetime, but the horses from his youth always stuck with him.

Son of Butch said:
92 yr old Uncle passed a few years ago. He had built is operation into a large modern farm.
Few years after he retired and moved to town I asked him what he missed most about farming.

His answer surprised me... The Horses (before my time) he was most proud that his Pa trusted
him to hitch up the draft horses by himself and take them out to work the fields.
He sure saw a lot of changes in his lifetime, but the horses from his youth always stuck with him.
I :heart: that story. Thanks for sharing. We brought some bottle calfs. Then one day I was taking my 3 year old son to school. He told me, mama I want get my money from the bank to buy more cows. I didn't say anything about it he came up with the idea on his own. Being that his saving account doesn't make much we let him. Pretty big decision for a 3 year old. I'm hoping it will teach him and his sister responsible and all that comes with farming. Its teaching my husband and me things already.

That is a mini horse alright. She is adorable.

Our niece had a Shetland Pony. We took care of the pony on our farm. When our son was old enough, and our niece was too big to ride the pony, she gave her to our son. He was 4 years old and had been helping to clean her stall, so he earned her.
Shetlands are just a few inches taller than minis, but it makes all the difference. They are longer and broader. They can carry up to 100 lbs, so the kids can ride them much longer. Our son is almost 11 and still rides his Shetland bareback. She tests him, but it will make him a better rider. In the next year, he will move up to a horse. Probably a Mustang, since he loves my horse so much.

A 2 year old is basically a teenager in horse years. Their minds and bodies are far from developed at 2. I would never recommend breeding that young. Pregnancy will pull much needed calcium away from her growing joints and you may notice her knees will see the biggest impact of that. In addition, a horses mind will be quite childish at that age, and you may not get the best mothering instincts on a really young mare. I would really recommend waiting a couple more years....

Do any of ya'll have mini horse saddle if so where did you buy them? And what size?

Meet the newborn mini Laundrie. 😆🤡😝

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-174711_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-174711_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Naynay (our kid's mini horse) new baby. I can't get over how small this tiny thing is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-093355_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-093355_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210925-093348_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-093348_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210925-093343_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-093343_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Latest posts