Miniature zebu question.

Help Support CattleToday:

44Paws

Reaction score
I live in Virginia near Charlottesville and I am having a hard time finding a farrier to trim hooves of my miniature zebus. I have also thought about getting one of those tables that put that animal on side to trim. Any recommendations?

I live in Virginia near Charlottesville and I am having a hard time finding a farrier to trim hooves of my miniature zebus. I have also thought about getting one of those tables that put that animal on side to trim. Any recommendations?
Contact cfpinz here on Cattle Today. He lives near you and can take care.of it.

Hi. I'm not familiar with your area, but you might want to check with a local vet or dairy if you I haven't yet. The vet might be able to trim them, or the dairy might have a contact for someone in the area that they might have used before. The only potential issue I could see with those two options is their equipment probably would be for standard sized cattle, and not minis. Here's a link for one of the tables I think you might be referring to.

Hi. I'm not familiar with your area, but you might want to check with a local vet or dairy if you I haven't yet. The vet might be able to trim them, or the dairy might have a contact for someone in the area that they might have used before. The only potential issue I could see with those two options is their equipment probably would be for standard sized cattle, and not minis. Here's a link for one of the tables I think you might be referring to.

I agree. I doubt many farriers would trim cattle hooves, but I could be wrong. I know I've seen vets do it.

I don't think any of them have ever done it for me. I cull that kind.

The mini zebus are about the size of large goats. Sydell makes a goat flipper that friends of mine use on their 350lb+ bucks easily. Or a calf table maybe?

Latest posts