More Corona madness....the drama continues

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve said:
sstterry said:
Stocker Steve said:
If they just stopped testing then we would not have all these confirmed cases. :nod:
Don't worry, with the warm weather it is going to just disappear like magic.

Ya. It is supposed to be 97 next week. That will fry all those viral bastards and then we can cross the Canadian border for a belated fishing trip. :banana:

You can go now, just tell 'em your headed to Alaska :cowboy:

Caustic Burno said:
You know what assuming does.

Ok, I deduce that those sources present it as blown out of proportion since that is your conclusion, and those are the sources you use.

sstterry said:
Stocker Steve said:
herofan said:
It's being reported that there is a spike in cases in over 30 states. They are predicting we could see 100,000 new cases a day. I see they are getting refrigerated trucks for bodies.

If they just stopped testing then we would not have all these confirmed cases. :nod:

Don't worry, with the warm weather it is going to just disappear like magic.

If that does not work, cutting tests will indeed cut the numbers and flatten the curve.

While it may be funny, it would be effective.

herofan post Ok said:
Dr. Death says with this increasing rate of infection most of us will catch corona before there enough vaccine to go around... :( Good to know if you hate shots, although two rounds of shots will give most people a much higher immune response.

Corona is very local. It is not a big problem here since only one person wants to help make hay, and he does not leave the cab. If you are an IC nurse or a teacher in the big city then it is a totally different deal.

I think focusing on corona misses the big picture - - which is that our national health care systems are an expensive joke. We spend all this money and we have some health care workers wearing garbage bags.

That was the point of going early and going hard in beginning, so health care would not be over run and have issues, but now, down here, it seems it has turned to trying to cut all cases, let alone minimise deaths.

Politicians have also finally noticed, not a good idea to rely on others near 100% for some essentials, pandemic prep is prob a known thing, in this regard, we could argue most western govts dropped the ball really ?

It seems like the goal of the moment creeps along based on emotion and a short planning horizon. Right now the buzz here is shifting from the need to reopen bars to the need to reopen schools... Is the a relationship or a trade off here??? Can you have both???

Obviously there are many goals and the interactions between them are often ignored or misunderstood.

greggy said:
That was the point of going early and going hard in beginning, so health care would not be over run and have issues, but now, down here, it seems it has turned to trying to cut all cases, let alone minimise deaths.

Politicians have also finally noticed, not a good idea to rely on others near 100% for some essentials, pandemic prep is prob a known thing, in this regard, we could argue most western govts dropped the ball really ?

How the he// can you really "plan" for a pandemic from a virus that you've never heard of before??

TexasBred said:
How the he// can you really "plan" for a pandemic from a virus that you've never heard of before??

Well, the first thing you could do is not dismantle the Pandemic Response Team and follow the Pandemic Response plan that has been in place and updated by all the other previous administrations.

Time for facts.

On March 14, 2020, John Bolton described the changes made to the team as streamlining. He tweeted: "Claims that streamlining NSC structures impaired our nation's bio defense are false. Global health remained a top NSC priority, and its expert team was critical to effectively handling the 2018-19 Africa Ebola crisis. The angry Left just can't stop attacking, even in a crisis." ( here )

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-trump-fired-pandemic-team/partly-false-claim-trump-fired-pandemic-response-team-in-2018-idUSKBN21C32M

TexasBred said:
greggy said:

Have some extra capacity bed wise...
Have stocks of the cheap ass masks
Have stocks of other cheap ppe
Have some extra equiptment and ability too produce more.

Just some of the obvious things too me....we are not in the stone age are we ? So we could be prepared for things we do know about.....

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Time for facts.

On March 14, 2020, John Bolton described the changes made to the team as streamlining. He tweeted: "Claims that streamlining NSC structures impaired our nation's bio defense are false. Global health remained a top NSC priority, and its expert team was critical to effectively handling the 2018-19 Africa Ebola crisis. The angry Left just can't stop attacking, even in a crisis." ( here )

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-trump-fired-pandemic-team/partly-false-claim-trump-fired-pandemic-response-team-in-2018-idUSKBN21C32M

It was Trump's Administration, I don't give a flip about what Bolton said. Trump dismantled it and then did not follow the Plan ( By the way, this was Bush's plan also. Both he and Obama were very concerned about what they were being told as far as potential pandemics). And, they actually read the PDBs!

Do we need to even get into the Russian Bounties??

Show me where I am wrong.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Time for facts.

It was Trump's Administration, I don't give a flip about what Bolton said. Trump dismantled it and then did not follow the Plan ( By the way, this was Bush's plan also. Both he and Obama were very concerned about what they were being told as far as potential pandemics). And, they actually read the PDBs!

Do we need to even get into the Russian Bounties??

Show me where I am wrong.

I don't have that much time.

Happy 4th comrade!

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I don't have that much time
Happy 4th comrade!

Sorry, "comrade" does not apply to me because I am an American and not under Putin's thumb like a certain elected individual. What is he doing about Russia? Crickets!

And by the way, is Bolton a liar or does he tell the truth? Pick your poison...

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I don't have that much time
Happy 4th comrade!

Sorry, "comrade" does not apply to me because I am an American and not under Putin's thumb like a certain elected individual. What is he doing about Russia? Crickets!

And by the way, is Bolton a liar or does he tell the truth? Pick your poison...

Give it a rest, I'm watching our great President.

Can't get over how some folks are obsessed with Russia. China is a different story.

Both are a concern equally, if we go to war, Ruskies and Chinese are on the same side.

It is not unlike WW2, they will be buddies, unless they win, then they will have cold war between themselves.

No matter the thoughts on Trump, it is time to move past election meddling etc...he has run a term, or will.. .if they had anything really solid he would have been gone long ago.

And generally would be good if threads do not become all about Trump.. for or against... he is not a major site sponsor 😀.....lol....he aint goin anywhere for now.

Without debating the merits or likes or dislikes, your lucky you have a system, it seems, where someone can get elected leader who is not a total puppet.....you cannot even get a start in our system without being a long term tower of the party line, you have to do and say what the party tells you or your out...mid term...start...end...whatever.

Without us getting bogged down in fault or conspiracy etc....

How are things going there ? We have some pretty neutral media outlets here still, for now, anyway, they have no reason to skew anything outside, however, they may rely on outside for the info....anyways..

As per first thread, I thought the US was in for a problem due to the amount of cases here that originated in the US and we had already locked down, last I looked it was said maybe 60k dead possibly, we know it has surpassed that give or take whatever margin of error.

I was thinking it was bold to be opening again before us as we had smashed the curve, I was thinking we were dragging the chain a bit, and still do as we are starting a new lockdown in some areas as they panic now with any flare up, but...

How is it going there now ?

I have nothing to go by, but I think there may be another large surge & daily count may be high again in 2 too 4 weeks, but in some states like AZ, CA, TX etc, how are the hospitals going do you say ?

Like I said, let's not make it political, just what you know, like no change, def busier, getting too busy etc ... let us keep the blame out of it, it won't make any diff now anyway. I hear some states locking some things again, I do not see NY gov etc anymore on the box here ?

greggy said:
Without us getting bogged down in fault or conspiracy etc....

How are things going there ? We have some pretty neutral media outlets here still, for now, anyway, they have no reason to skew anything outside, however, they may rely on outside for the info....anyways..

As per first thread, I thought the US was in for a problem due to the amount of cases here that originated in the US and we had already locked down, last I looked it was said maybe 60k dead possibly, we know it has surpassed that give or take whatever margin of error.

I was thinking it was bold to be opening again before us as we had smashed the curve, I was thinking we were dragging the chain a bit, and still do as we are starting a new lockdown in some areas as they panic now with any flare up, but...

How is it going there now ?

I have nothing to go by, but I think there may be another large surge & daily count may be high again in 2 too 4 weeks, but in some states like AZ, CA, TX etc, how are the hospitals going do you say ?

Like I said, let's not make it political, just what you know, like no change, def busier, getting too busy etc ... let us keep the blame out of it, it won't make any diff now anyway. I hear some states locking some things again, I do not see NY gov etc anymore on the box here ?

Your ate up with this aren't you.
It's got everybody terrified here in Texas as you can see this is Saturday on the lake.

Latest posts