my costs for finished beef

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":261bmdqq said:
judging by the low post count i wouldnt be surprised if that crazy ghetto farmer/inbred/roadhog aint the same.

someone must be having a good time makin all this crap up evryday...someone with way to much time on their hands

at least these 2 dopes can spell and speak english

Or could it be that Inbred & myself are out WORKING for a living & not sitting on our ass at the computer several hrs a day like Diesel must do ?? :compute: He's been a member just 1 year longer that me ,but has almost 10 times the posts that I do ! you do the math....... :deadhorse:

CottageFarm":y0crfi73 said:
It's okay guys. Roadhog has demonstrated that you can't take anything he says seriously. He just wants to annoy and insult people. He also didn't grow up in the same Midwest that I did, or his mamma would have slapped him upside the head for his rudeness and lack of manners .
Whatever he does for a living "off farm", obviously has no bearing on making a profit. I'm figuring that's up to his boss to worry about.
And, apparently where he lives, everyone just goes to the local sale barn on grocery day and orders a 1/4 beef - no need for grocery stores there, cause they're just evil profiteers. :lol: :lol:

A little geography lesson for you Cottage, If you grew up in Colorado ,you aren't from the midwest...... :cboy: I work in a small factory & my boss tells me thatI 'm very good at what I do, thanks. Also, I haven't seen anyone else accused of being a racist like I unfairly was , how "insulting" was that ?

HEREFORD ROADHOG":3vfkeqne said:
CottageFarm":3vfkeqne said:
It's okay guys. Roadhog has demonstrated that you can't take anything he says seriously. He just wants to annoy and insult people. He also didn't grow up in the same Midwest that I did, or his mamma would have slapped him upside the head for his rudeness and lack of manners .
Whatever he does for a living "off farm", obviously has no bearing on making a profit. I'm figuring that's up to his boss to worry about.
And, apparently where he lives, everyone just goes to the local sale barn on grocery day and orders a 1/4 beef - no need for grocery stores there, cause they're just evil profiteers. :lol: :lol:

A little geography lesson for you Cottage, If you grew up in Colorado ,you aren't from the midwest...... :cboy: I work in a small factory & my boss tells me thatI 'm very good at what I do, thanks. Also, I haven't seen anyone else accused of being a racist like I unfairly was , how "insulting" was that ?

HRH -- I'm going to jump in on this, since I was the one who attributed to you a PM that was sent to me -- actually from someone who claimed to be from TN, and suggested that everyone should "own one" and that would help keep my costs down. And I came back and said, IT WASN'T YOU! And I apologized, as I absolutely needed to. I hope you accepted that apology. Kathie

HEREFORD ROADHOG":sdua22pn said:
CottageFarm":sdua22pn said:

Umm.... I agree - Colorado is not in the Midwest... pretty sure Wisconsin and Michigan still are, though. I've been blessed to be able to live in a number of areas of the country other than where I was raised.

I, too, am sorry Kathie made that very unfortunate mistaken accusation. I think her (several) apologies seemed very sincere, however. We're all human and all make mistakes. :tiphat:

I do believe Kathie was sincere & do accept the apology. Cottage, sorry for your time in Michigan :cry2: , we here in Ohio don't even consider that a viable State, more like an unsettled wilderness ! (in fact our wonderful state is surrounded by misfits ! :lol: ) JUST KIDDING, I will try to better mind my manners on here, & am sorry if I offended anyone. We all have our own opinions. :2cents: :wave: P.S. we got some Colorado weather today, 30's & snow flurries, :frowns: not ready for that yet.

HEREFORD ROADHOG":39x6tbju said:
I do believe Kathie was sincere & do accept the apology. Cottage, sorry for your time in Michigan :cry2: , we here in Ohio don't even consider that a viable State, more like an unsettled wilderness ! (in fact our wonderful state is surrounded by misfits ! :lol: ) JUST KIDDING, I will try to better mind my manners on here, & am sorry if I offended anyone. We all have our own opinions. :2cents: :wave: P.S. we got some Colorado weather today, 30's & snow flurries, :frowns: not ready for that yet.

Thank you, HRH. I feel better now! :)

As long as the people who complain that someone else is gouging aren't complaining about low prices!!!

I just sold 80 lb square bales of hay for $14 (delivered about 100 miles, stacked in a barn)... I feel pretty good about it... I charge 7 when they come and get it, and I'm not going to stop them from coming, but when they really start crunching numbers, it's a lot less hassle to shell out the money and I bring it.

Nesikep":2cq3tx5g said:
As long as the people who complain that someone else is gouging aren't complaining about low prices!!!

I just sold 80 lb square bales of hay for $14 (delivered about 100 miles, stacked in a barn)... I feel pretty good about it... I charge 7 when they come and get it, and I'm not going to stop them from coming, but when they really start crunching numbers, it's a lot less hassle to shell out the money and I bring it.

$14.00 a bale ? Is that like Yen, or Rubles up there? No Really, is hay that short to get that much for it ?

HEREFORD ROADHOG":3qnm7d76 said:
Nesikep":3qnm7d76 said:

$14.00 a bale ? Is that like Yen, or Rubles up there? No Really, is hay that short to get that much for it ?

Small bales of local grass/timothy/alf. mix running here now at $250/ton; once in while you see some not perfect Timothy for $175-$200. Bring your trailer and your gloves -- no delivery!

HEREFORD ROADHOG":7ynpzl3c said:
Nesikep":7ynpzl3c said:

The hay is $7.00 a bale. Delivery and stacking add the next $7.00 to the cost.

TennesseeTuxedo":3u135rqe said:
HEREFORD ROADHOG":3u135rqe said:
Nesikep":3u135rqe said:

The hay is $7.00 a bale. Delivery and stacking add the next $7.00 to the cost.

By-the-bale price here is $7 - $10 (and bring your gloves . . . . ). There's some local organic stuff going for $14/bale (they aren't "certified" organic yet -- I think they have one more year to go to do that). If you're buying E. Wash. hay in the Seattle area, $10/bale ain't nothin!

HEREFORD ROADHOG":1ll2fq79 said:
I will try to better mind my manners on here, & am sorry if I offended anyone. We all have our own opinions. :2cents: :wave: P.S.

Just curious...does that include an apology to me for insinuating I'm a liar, cheat and thief? If so...I agree to disagree and I'm good with that

hooknline":2o3ay6f3 said:
HEREFORD ROADHOG":2o3ay6f3 said:
I will try to better mind my manners on here, & am sorry if I offended anyone. We all have our own opinions. :2cents: :wave: P.S.

Just curious...does that include an apology to me for insinuating I'm a liar, cheat and thief? If so...I agree to disagree and I'm good with that

That's as good as you're going to get Hook. :cboy: I never called you any of those things. Maybe you do have a (guilty?) conscience. :???: My opinion remains, that you are overcharging for your beef,especially to your "friends". :nod: This tread may live on until the new year :deadhorse:

HEREFORD ROADHOG":unwmtt6z said:
hooknline":unwmtt6z said:
HEREFORD ROADHOG":unwmtt6z said:

That's as good as you're going to get Hook. :cboy: I never called you any of those things. Maybe you do have a (guilty?) conscience. :???: My opinion remains, that you are overcharging for your beef,especially to your "friends". :nod: This tread may live on until the new year :deadhorse:
Your opinion and a dollar might get you a piece of Hooks overpriced baloney if he's selling. Just not sure jack asses eat baloney. What do you think Hook? ;-)

I think I'd rather not tarnish my reputation here further by answering that. :cowboy:

HEREFORD ROADHOG":1d234i2g said:

Everyone is entitled to be a snob about their own state. :D
Since I spent 6 years in the UP, then 10 in Northern Mich, I can't really argue about the wilderness part.
I'm not ready for Winter either, but that's never stopped it from coming in the past. Your winters are probably alot worse in Ohio than here. We usually have pretty mild weather unless a storm comes thru.
I'm too old to take offense on a personal level, but I will still chastise you if your manners get lost again :tiphat:

Hey Tex,I am guessing that you may have attended Texas A&M. (notice I didn't say graduated from,because I doubt you could make it through),but in the slim chance that you did,I have a question for you. Do you know how we up here in OHIO get an A&M grad off of our porch ??
We pay him for the pizza!!!!! :banana: :lol2: :nod: :clap: .That's just too funny. :nod:

You must be new to the internet because you seem to be one of those internet tough guys who thinks that because they're hiding behind a keyboard that the can type whatever they want. I doubt seriously that you would talk to anyone face to face the way you do here. And if you do, it just would lend weight to my theory that you are a very lonely person.

hooknline":3147slvu said:
You must be new to the internet because you seem to be one of those internet tough guys who thinks that because they're hiding behind a keyboard that the can type whatever they want. I doubt seriously that you would talk to anyone face to face the way you do here. And if you do, it just would lend weight to my theory that you are a very lonely person.
Hook, I thought the exact same thing yesterday when I saw him pull up an old post he obviously had to search for, just so he could talk about how much experience he has. He is really needing to be recognized. It is sad when it's so obvious to others. I feel sorry for the little guy, probably only has a cow or two. What do you say we help him out? I think I will call him "Great One" from now on, and be his friend. Yes....that's what I'll do. Hook, please don't mess with Great One any longer, I will be forced to defend my friend. You should be his friend too, and please only refer to him as Great One from now on. And say stuff like "yes, Great One, you are so wise, and everyone likes you, and wants you to give your vast knowledge to us."