Night Vision

Help Support CattleToday:

Lets say you even went high class and fabricated some clamps or some such mechanism to adequately affix it, will running a scope inline with a monocle really work?

I'm looking for the same reasons that Kenny is looking. Wildlife department killed about 70 hogs by helicopter on the section catty-corner last week and there are probably that many to kill to the west and they saw 20 something to the north. Not everyone is okay with the helicopter bit, I guess they ran some cattle through fences in the past. So I'm still looking for options, well, cheap options. I got the red and green led but it really wasn't as crisp as I feel comfortable with.

Commercialfarmer":2va7rflb said:
Lets say you even went high class and fabricated some clamps or some such mechanism to adequately affix it, will running a scope inline with a monocle really work?

I'm looking for the same reasons that Kenny is looking. Wildlife department killed about 70 hogs by helicopter on the section catty-corner last week and there are probably that many to kill to the west and they saw 20 something to the north. Not everyone is okay with the helicopter bit, I guess they ran some cattle through fences in the past. So I'm still looking for options, well, cheap options. I got the red and green led but it really wasn't as crisp as I feel comfortable with.
The issue here is that the Department of Conservation owns the land joining where we are having problems. The hogs just go there and no hunting is allowed. Hard to control them when you can't chase them.

Commercialfarmer":19xojr92 said:

Yes, they work together well when inline. The hard part is getting both to line up and have the correct eye relief between the 2. Or, the best way as suggested to me was a head mount on the mono

The high rollers that I know use helmet mounted night vision, and a red lazer sight mounted on their rifle. And they even call it hunting.

ah yes..somehow lost that in all the night vision sniper stuff..
i had a pair of night vision bino..1st gen..sold em..were pretty good..bushnell i think...but not good enough to hardly ever use ..

as for killin em i havent heard anyone talk about baitin em..cuz i group of em can be brought down pretty quick with a cpl silenced ar's and some green lights...massacre insued...

mostly we just leave em for the buzzards...

The bait is the corn they are eating but you are correct in that is about the only way to get them where you want them. I tried an oil filter silencer about an hour ago. Not real bad but not silent.

Latest posts