ok to talk about small equip? 4 - wheelers

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy,IM gonna have to agree ,that jeep is way too pretty to have seen much farm/ranch work ;-) Hippie Rancher,about a year ago,I asked the same question...........cow dogs love it LOL...............good luck
PS I cant comment on the reliability it aint got enough use,but it will haul fencing tools and wire where not much else will.

IMG_0887.jpg

Well, the pic was the day I picked it up at the sellers house not mine. It looks nothing like that now. I have blue clay that once it hits paint it is there until you repaint. Stains and sticks :lol:

As far a rough country, huh? They put these things right up the side of mountains/rocks. I don't have no rocks just bad blue clay mud holes. I have crossed canals in them. Will your mule cross a canal 3 feet deep in water with 10 foot sides?

It was a poser Jeep, now it's a working one. ;-)

flaboy-":19dk7jyv said:
Well, the pic was the day I picked it up at the sellers house not mine. It looks nothing like that now. I have blue clay that once it hits paint it is there until you repaint. Stains and sticks :lol:

As far a rough country, huh? They put these things right up the side of mountains/rocks. I don't have no rocks just bad blue clay mud holes. I have crossed canals in them. Will your mule cross a canal 3 feet deep in water with 10 foot sides?

flaboy,when I have rough country to run,which one of these do you think gets cranked ;-)
IMG_0906.jpg

good luck

HAY MAKER":p0q964vu said:
flaboy-":p0q964vu said:

flaboy,when I have rough country to run,which one of these do you think gets cranked ;-)

good luck

I would jump in the Rubi. Do those toy trucks have positive traction front and rear? If they do then lift em up, stuff some 33" tires under them, and then find a motor that will turn them over :lol:

I'm not dogging anyone's toy's. I am sure they would really well for some folks. I just don't think they would go ten feet in my wet blue clay. ;-) I stuck my full time 4x4 4 wheeler in some of that stuff and had to get the Jeep to pull it out.

Around here the popular thing to do is take a gas powered golf cart lift it and put atv tires on it. They get great fuel milage and can haul quite a bit. Some friends of mine have one they go to the lake with and they will haul 4 people 2 coolers and what ever will fit on the roof without falling off. you can put a hitch on the back to pull something small. Don't know about howmuch they can actually haul but they are getting really popular. I guess another reason they are getting popular is that golf courses are poping up every were and they will hop on them and go golfing plus use them to work.

Consider the Tomcar - they're built in Phoenix. Strong, durable, safe, not cheap-but will outlast the competition. They have a 2-seater/long bed coming and are upping the HP from 37 to 50+. They have a 30-yr history with the Israeli military and are now stateside. We handle the Midwest distribution - there are dealers in AZ, and their website is http://www.tomcar.com.

I am very pleased with Gator HPX gas 4*4.
I bought year old from a construction company, on Ebay, so there is a little cracked plastic. They couldn't seem to tear it up. I haven't either. 250 hrs in my hands with fluids and filters only.
It sits low. The seat is chair high and no step up. Important for us older guys. Hauls a spot sprayer, mineral, fencing tools and whatever else. It does steer pretty hard, if I had a complaint.
Lots of competition in this segment, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding a good deal.

Picked up a Polaris 500 4 wheeler and now I'm regreting it, Good everthing except for storage room. I guess I could weld me up a basket or something on the back of it.

Herefordcross":2t0p9hpe said:
Picked up a Polaris 500 4 wheeler and now I'm regreting it, Good everthing except for storage room. I guess I could weld me up a basket or something on the back of it.

There are all sorts of storage racks and accessories available nowadays. Just do an internet search for "ATV accessories".

Tomcar":11r93g3d said:
Consider the Tomcar - they're built in Phoenix. Strong, durable, safe, not cheap-but will outlast the competition. They have a 2-seater/long bed coming and are upping the HP from 37 to 50+. They have a 30-yr history with the Israeli military and are now stateside. We handle the Midwest distribution - there are dealers in AZ, and their website is http://www.tomcar.com.

They look like fun but I bet I can buy a Jeep for the cost of one. I do like them though. What is it powered by?

A lot of folks around here are getting these old Suzuki trucks that look like a van for a cab but a pickup for the back. 4wd, heater and A/C, probably even a radio and all. Just tiny little tires.

dun

Latest posts