Self centered people

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Their are some people that are just down right self centered. We had a historical flood event in the area last nite , people lost homes, cars, all sorts of property , even some lives,
A major river took down time warner fiber optic cable across the river, crews are risking their lives to get it back up . Their is a group on face book complaining because their cable is out. The ones complaining are the young people.
The Blanco River at San Marcos went over I- 35 , 3 ft of water in Wal-Mart, 400 homes damaged thousands in shelters, but who cares my cable is out.

You should hear the people when there's bad storms and their favorite show is interrupted because of the weather people. One local news channel shares messages that are left and there's lots of bleeps.

tater74":21vtok55 said:
I read a report that stated that the more insecure you were the more you posted to Facebook.

I wander if that holds true for CT? Sorry to hear. Is your farm ok?

Craig Miller":1xrr9myg said:
tater74":1xrr9myg said:
I read a report that stated that the more insecure you were the more you posted to Facebook.

I wander if that holds true for CT? Sorry to hear. Is your farm ok?
Not sure if it holds true or not, but you sure can find out a lot about a persons character and priorities by WHAT they post on FB.
I follow family activities mostly. I like to hear about what the kids are doing in sports, or how older family are traveling ect..
But some people post the dumbest things! And all the "selfies" are sure to get you deleted from my friend list. :lol:

I sure pray for all of those that have been affected by the flooding. I hope you and yours are all ok cowboy.

Tanks full, cattle all fenced off creeks and secure, we only had 4.5 inches no bad flooding where I live but 10 miles south in Luling where the San Marcos comes through all the water from the 12 inch rain in Blanco will cresting tonight.
Blanco River Basin had 12 inches last nite, Blanco River empties into San Marcos River, which empties into Guadalupe River at Gonzales, then empties into San Antonio Bay at the Gulf.
Probably take about a Week for the flood to reach the gulf.

Sorry to hear about that. We've had our yearly total in the last 90 days. They said the official record for Oklahoma City was beat for rain in one month yesterday or the day before. We're several inches over now, and there's plenty more coming.
I hope it doesn't get that bad here as well before it's all over.

We don't get much of anything done at work with people under 25 because of all the texting, picture taking, snap chats. and Facebook posts. I can't stand it. Their lucky I don't have a hammer in my hand most days.

CF I am surprised that they are allowed to even have their phones on them during work! Most companies only allow them to check their phones on their breaks.

cowboy43":eece465b said:
Tanks full, cattle all fenced off creeks and secure, we only had 4.5 inches no bad flooding where I live but 10 miles south in Luling where the San Marcos comes through all the water from the 12 inch rain in Blanco will cresting tonight.
Blanco River Basin had 12 inches last nite, Blanco River empties into San Marcos River, which empties into Guadalupe River at Gonzales, then empties into San Antonio Bay at the Gulf.

Guadeloupe around Kerrville sure looked inviting last time I was there. That's a nice area.

branguscowgirl":1yofsf7z said:
CF I am surprised that they are allowed to even have their phones on them during work! Most companies only allow them to check their phones on their breaks.

That's how it should be and where it's headed. Sad that you have to treat some adults like kids, but I guess that's the world we live in today.

I wander at what point companies will start being compensated for babysitting?

I wander at what point companies will start being compensated for babysitting?
You know, there are a lot of good people out there that need and would appreciate a job. So the way I see it, they can be replaced in the blink of an eye!

cowboy43":2jevokh8 said:
Bad flooding in Luling???? I have a friend that lives there. Just tried to call but got no answer. What about New Braunfuls?

The flooding around Luling is in the San Marcos River basin from the run off of the Blanco, cattle would be in the most danger , New Braunfuls is on the Guadalupe above where the San Marcos empties into the river, Canyon Lake is holding the flood waters above New Braunfuls So New Braunfuls is safe so far.

On the news this morning they showed a bunch of cattle wading/swimming. Houses that have been wrecked, what a shame. I have said a few prayers for all those folks down your way who have been affected by the storms, flooding and tornados.

As for the a$$-wipes and their phone/TV service......they need a reality ckeck.

cowboy43":2w90igbe said:
Their are some people that are just down right self centered. We had a historical flood event in the area last nite , people lost homes, cars, all sorts of property , even some lives,
A major river took down time warner fiber optic cable across the river, crews are risking their lives to get it back up . Their is a group on face book complaining because their cable is out. The ones complaining are the young people.
The Blanco River at San Marcos went over I- 35 , 3 ft of water in Wal-Mart, 400 homes damaged thousands in shelters, but who cares my cable is out.

I understand what you are saying but look at it from another point of view.

All those companies are POS. They purposely deceive you and play games. You think TW is prorating those people's bills who don't have service for several days? You think TW will give any slack to a flood victim when its billing time?........... Probably not. IMO what ever hell they catch they deserve.

The people fixing that line are getting paid for their work and can walk away at any time. A lot of us do risky work day in and day out to keep society operating. Many people flock to that work for the additional pay.

Gimpy you need to recognize that the spirit of the one percent is alive within all of us. Some just don't know how to work handle it.

Latest posts