Summer Garden 2018

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime":18ndlbet said:
Almost ready for picking, limbs on the verge of breaking. I picked one yesterday and let it soften up overnight, not quite sweet enough yet. Two more days should do it.
DSC01592.jpg

Wish I could have that but bears won't stand for it lol

skyhightree1":32h3emmv said:
Looking good, were are the weeds? :lol: Looks like you will have tomatoes and beans before long or is that peas in at the back of the picture running up?.....

A little sunshine the last couple days and it is starting to look a little better. It has been to muddy too work and don't have time right now.....

gTbPMES.jpg

lpoPNir.jpg

1eRT2zk.jpg

ucXFryT.jpg

jltrent":1au2v53i said:
skyhightree1":1au2v53i said:
Looking good, were are the weeds? :lol: Looks like you will have tomatoes and beans before long or is that peas in at the back of the picture running up?.....

Thanks oh theres plenty of weeds there trust me :lol2: Yea I got tomatoes growing aleady there full of blooms and yea that was peas getting ready to get my second picking of peas then ill pull them up feed to the cows and plant more. Your garden is truly the weed free one. Corn is terrible had to replant 4 times

My cabbage seem to have stalled and not growing much at all... I wonder what caused that maybe the excessive heat early on after planting... I don't know what but it sucks I love cabbage.

skyhightree1":2zvwu5v3 said:
My cabbage seem to have stalled and not growing much at all... I wonder what caused that maybe the excessive heat early on after planting... I don't know what but it sucks I love cabbage.
I have a half row.....come by and I will give you some cabbage before it ruins......Back into the broccoli again this morning......froze 6 gallon bags after blanching.

The weeds look bad.......
u5KI5ga.jpg

jltrent":3b0ga26n said:
skyhightree1":3b0ga26n said:
I have a half row.....come by and I will give you some cabbage before it ruins......Back into the broccoli again this morning......froze 6 gallon bags after blanching.

The weeds look bad.......
u5KI5ga.jpg

Lol Looking good bud.. I'll be right over.

skyhightree1":gn72mura said:
Good looking melon start...as mine is just starting to bloom....I put out water melons this year that suppose to be yellow inside.

skyhightree1":qhjasbwm said:
Charleston Greys hard to beat. I grow those every year along with Crimson Sweets and one other variety. This year the other variety is the old tried and true Jubilees.

jltrent":3h6dml4d said:
skyhightree1":3h6dml4d said:
Good looking melon start...as mine is just starting to bloom....I put out water melons this year that suppose to be yellow inside.

yellow? What kind are those?

ga.prime":3h6dml4d said:
skyhightree1":3h6dml4d said:
Charleston Greys hard to beat. I grow those every year along with Crimson Sweets and one other variety. This year the other variety is the old tried and true Jubilees.

I don't like any of them really but my kids do.. I prefer cantaloupes thats my favorite.

This garden for some things are really irritating me and making me want to cut it all down or disc it in the dirt :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sky, I don't know what kind of yellow meated watermelons jl is growing but if you want to grow some, I suggest Desert King. They get pretty big, 30-40 lbs. Good and sweet too.

Latest posts