Summer Garden 2018

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":cn8s9igo said:
Garden is keeping us busy.

35385692_1891453177819239_4195790806008725504_n.jpg
The corn looks good too. Good looking work crew also. Almost looks like they have an assembly line going, hard workers.

I am giving up on most of the veggies and letting the garden go but am keeping up with the sweet taters my favorites

skyhightree1":s9h22hac said:
Jogeephus":s9h22hac said:

looking good some fine maters right there
Almost look like storebought don't they.... :oops: :lol:
I'm loosing the drive to garden. Too cold then to hot, to wet then pulling water hoses cause it's to dry. Not to mention the back breaking labor to pick it and process.

1982vett":2xomng2u said:
skyhightree1":2xomng2u said:
Jogeephus":2xomng2u said:

I'm loosing the drive to garden. Too cold then to hot, to wet then pulling water hoses cause it's to dry. Not to mention the back breaking labor to pick it and process.

I understand completely and the farmers market is starting to look more and more better every year :lol:

skyhightree1":24eg3znz said:
1982vett":24eg3znz said:
skyhightree1":24eg3znz said:

I understand completely and the farmers market is starting to look more and more better every year :lol:
I bet our problem could be solved if we moved closer to Georgia...... :D

1982vett":2zj3kwy0 said:
skyhightree1":2zj3kwy0 said:
1982vett":2zj3kwy0 said:

I think you are right... I wonder if any farms are close by to our good ol buddy

skyhightree1":3sztlwbb said:
1982vett":3sztlwbb said:
skyhightree1":3sztlwbb said:

I think you are right... I wonder if any farms are close by to our good ol buddy
Maybe just park a trailer at his back door..... :) I think over the years he's proven to be a good provider and a generous being. :nod:

1982vett":vm2ycshr said:
skyhightree1":vm2ycshr said:
1982vett":vm2ycshr said:

Maybe just park a trailer at his back door..... :) I think over the years he's proven to be a good provider and a generous being. :nod:

Garden seasons winding down gives us enough time to prep and get trailers and move down there as soon as the veggies are done

skyhightree1":2t44wfp4 said:
See ya there

Come on by. Having a bumper crop this year and I can't even give it all away unless I pick and deliver and I don't do that.

Food police dropped by to see me the other day and asked what I was doing with all the squash I had. Told them I was making squash casseroles and taking them to the nursing home for the residents. Turns out that was the wrong thing to say being I didn't have a license for that. :bang:

Jogeephus":21rsjvaf said:
skyhightree1":21rsjvaf said:
See ya there

Come on by. Having a bumper crop this year and I can't even give it all away unless I pick and deliver and I don't do that.

Food police dropped by to see me the other day and asked what I was doing with all the squash I had. Told them I was making squash casseroles and taking them to the nursing home for the residents. Turns out that was the wrong thing to say being I didn't have a license for that. :bang:

:lol: :lol: I will be there

Lots of the little tomatoes but had a hard time keeping them watered till last few days. Really good taste but skins were tough of many of them.

That's about the last of the squash.

Jogeephus":1kkqwzm3 said:
skyhightree1":1kkqwzm3 said:
See ya there

A couple years ago I gave away corn and beans to several people and picked it. They did come and get it though. I hate to see it waste, but don't know if I will do it again. They did act like they appreciated it.

jltrent":3co3e54p said:
Jogeephus":3co3e54p said:
skyhightree1":3co3e54p said:
See ya there

A couple years ago I gave away corn and beans to several people and picked it. They did come and get it though. I hate to see it waste, but don't know if I will do it again. They did act like they appreciated it.

I shouldn't have said I don't do it because I will but only for people who can't do it or are unable to do it. I offered a guy I know who is one of those organic food health nuts and asked him if he wanted some. He said heck yeah and went on and on about the perils of factory farming and yada yada yada. I then told him he was welcome to pick all he wanted. His eyes turned to saucers and reminded me of a deer in the headlights. Its those folks like him I wont' pick for.

Jogeephus":pn39vqvu said:
jltrent":pn39vqvu said:
Jogeephus":pn39vqvu said:

I shouldn't have said I don't do it because I will but only for people who can't do it or are unable to do it. I offered a guy I know who is one of those organic food health nuts and asked him if he wanted some. He said heck yeah and went on and on about the perils of factory farming and yada yada yada. I then told him he was welcome to pick all he wanted. His eyes turned to saucers and reminded me of a deer in the headlights. Its those folks like him I wont' pick for.

Or giving someone fish too

Been working on beans the last few days..Yesterday canned 28 quarts and the day before 21 quarts of peanut beans.....been a good year.

28 quarts yesterday canned

gdAxCaU.jpg

I counted 128 total quarts canned. I hope 32 gallon will be enough as my fingers are getting tired. :lol:

edZ5CVJ.jpg

Latest posts