Texas Gov sends 1000 National Guard to secure Tex/Mex border

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook":rndu9xjk said:
Even assuming he's grandstanding, at least he's doing something. The Potus is shooting pool an drinking beer and golfing instead.

Hook as you should know being the business man you have to hire good help to keep things running. To try to be on top of everything is called micro managing. Never works you have to delegate jobs and expect it to be done. By the way there is a law that was signed into the books in 2008 on how to deal with the minor children. Follow the law and the President gets slammed do not follow the law and the President gets slammed with the threat of being sued.

The real problem here is assimilation.
Everyone of our ancestors migrated to this country and wanted to assimilate to be an American.
The central American countries are all for the immigrants to come to the USA.
Forget the criminal element these people will work and they pump the money back home to their families.
We are supplying the welfare system for all of Central America. The immigrants have no desire to assimilate.
Their loyalty lies with their home country. Both parties are talking out of both sides of their mouth they see cheap
labor and potential votes.
Always follow the dollar who does this help? Not Americans only the royalty of 536 in the District of Corruption.

There is a lot of stereo typing and big talk coming from people on this thread. Seems the further away the bigger the talk.

I'm dead in the middle of this. The fact is our economy could not function with out these people. They do jobs others wont... others that have been raised here in the US. The majority are decent people.

What's pathetic is people raised here in the US with every opportunity to succeed not taking advantage of what these people are willing to risk their life for.

Brute 23":p3nac827 said:
There is a lot of stereo typing and big talk coming from people on this thread. Seems the further away the bigger the talk.

I'm dead in the middle of this. The fact is our economy could not function with out these people. They do jobs others wont... others that have been raised here in the US. The majority are decent people.

What's pathetic is people raised here in the US with every opportunity to succeed not taking advantage of what these people are willing to risk their life for.

You are 100% correct.
If Americans were willing to do these jobs there would be no reason to come.
But as long as we pay for housing and food with the Great Society programs these jobs will be there.
This has been a very enlightening thread for sure.

TennesseeTuxedo":14c9nj40 said:
Wow Hurley, you had a nice post going until you went way off base with those Obama hater comments.

We are a sovereign nation and it is our right as citizens to expect our government to uphold our laws and secure our borders.

By the way, I love the 1st amendment as much as the second.

http://www.secondamendmentinfo.com/Journal/index.html

Brute 23":292jgtvp said:

I think distance from this problem for the U.S. is Irrelevant because if you are an AMERICAN and work and pay taxes just because you can't see this out your back door or have a short drive to it does not matter.... You ask why distance is Irrelevant ... I tell you why because the workers of this country pay taxes being a tax payer no matter how far I am from something I have the right to be concerned about how my tax money is being handled and what its being used for. If its U.S. business and you are a LEGAL U.S. CITIZEN you have a right to say what you want about it and comment on it. H--l If you aren't in the us you can comment on it. One thing I disagree with is they do jobs other people won't ... Please elaborate what jobs an American that truly needs a job to support his family and isn't lazy or wants to live off the gov't wont do that an illegal will do. I hired an 38 year old man that couldn't even get a job at a local fast food place because the owner loaded the business up with migrant workers. The real truth is they will take any job and a lot of teenagers trying to get a job working fast food can't because so many of them take those jobs. I also can't agree that people raised here have every opportunity to succeed. Have you ever opened up a business? Well I will tell you this being born here is an disadvantage in some ways. When I started my business I did not get a loan that I didn't have to pay interest on or back for a certain amount of years. For me as long as they are burning my AZZ up in taxes I personally will comment on U.S. matters. What really burns me up is how so many other people come here the right way to become a citizen and do it the right way and become a citizen which im truly all for and now they want to reward people that could run fast and made it past the line like a kids game of red rover no way.

hurleyjd":2erirr5b said:
This is nothing but grandstanding on Perry's behalf. He may be popular in Texas but will never be President.

Neither will the figurehead currently residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

skyhightree1":11t8iyja said:
Brute 23":11t8iyja said:

I think distance from this problem for the U.S. is Irrelevant because if you are an AMERICAN and work and pay taxes just because you can't see this out your back door or have a short drive to it does not matter.... You ask why distance is Irrelevant ... I tell you why because the workers of this country pay taxes being a tax payer no matter how far I am from something I have the right to be concerned about how my tax money is being handled and what its being used for. If its U.S. business and you are a LEGAL U.S. CITIZEN you have a right to say what you want about it and comment on it. H--l If you aren't in the us you can comment on it. One thing I disagree with is they do jobs other people won't ... Please elaborate what jobs an American that truly needs a job to support his family and isn't lazy or wants to live off the gov't wont do that an illegal will do. I hired an 38 year old man that couldn't even get a job at a local fast food place because the owner loaded the business up with migrant workers. The real truth is they will take any job and a lot of teenagers trying to get a job working fast food can't because so many of them take those jobs. I also can't agree that people raised here have every opportunity to succeed. Have you ever opened up a business? Well I will tell you this being born here is an disadvantage in some ways. When I started my business I did not get a loan that I didn't have to pay interest on or back for a certain amount of years. For me as long as they are burning my AZZ up in taxes I personally will comment on U.S. matters. What really burns me up is how so many other people come here the right way to become a citizen and do it the right way and become a citizen which im truly all for and now they want to reward people that could run fast and made it past the line like a kids game of red rover no way.

The fact that some are slipping through the system and not paying taxes lands square on our govt. There are plenty of US citizens doing the same. You can't blame the Mexican people for coming and jumping on the band Wagon that is already in place.

Go any where around here and see who operates lawn services, construction, farming, ranching, oil and gas, ect. It's all Mexican people. Probably 90% of the people that I work with are Mexican. Very few of these punk azz kids here in the US want any part of a job in the sun where they might have to sweat to make a living.

skyhightree1":1lug4r2l said:
Brute 23":1lug4r2l said:

I sure as hell rather have them here instead of our current public housing baby factories that pay no taxes won't work and leach.

Caustic Burno":1i8ji6eq said:
skyhightree1":1i8ji6eq said:
Brute 23":1i8ji6eq said:

I sure as be nice rather have them here instead of our current public housing baby factories that pay no taxes won't work and leach.

Caustic Donald Sterling made his billions with section 8 housing. The welfare people are nothing but a pay check for slum landlords as well as a paycheck for the grocers. Hey wait a minute I might get a little of that trickle down welfare money when I sell a calf. The farmers co-op might get a little when I trade with them and so on and so on. Also before the Bush 2 administration there was money available to educate the welfare mother to move her up. That program was done away with. Whose fault democrat or republican but it was a good program. A lot of these mothers became nurses.

Why do we send the Haitians and Cubans back and let the others stay?? I will say this again, I have no problems with documented workers coming here to work. We need to know who's coming this country.
We already have way to much trash living in this country. And we dang sure don't want or need any more muslims coming in, one hussein is plenty.

Caustic Burno":33r45852 said:
skyhightree1":33r45852 said:
Brute 23":33r45852 said:

I sure as be nice rather have them here instead of our current public housing baby factories that pay no taxes won't work and leach.

Or the red river swimmers that complain about everything. Don't like our culture. Don't like our laws.

skyhightree1":udeegl4n said:
Truthfully I'd rather have neither if was possible

I agree with you there.

Yankees move in and call everyone "Mexican" even if the dark skin person is descended from someone who fought along side my ancestors at the Alamo or San Jacinto. These people have been in the U.S. for far more generations than half the people who call them "Mexican".

There are differences.

backhoeboogie":1b2hfvrg said:
skyhightree1":1b2hfvrg said:

I agree with you there.

Yankees move in and call everyone "Mexican" even if the dark skin person is descended from someone who fought along side my ancestors at the Alamo or San Jacinto. These people have been in the U.S. for far more generations than half the people who call them "Mexican".

There are differences.

I think that President Perry is moving the Yankees in when he gives incentives to companies to move here. We will need more schools, more highways and more water. The moving also guts a community that the company moved from. Our economy needs to be improved from with in instead of moving factories from one place to the other. Also the Toyota truck plant in San Antonio was heavily subsided by we Texans by the power given to President Perry.

backhoeboogie":2r8g3g5s said:
skyhightree1":2r8g3g5s said:

I agree with you there.

There are differences.

Ain't that the truth a family reunion here looks like a bunch of mixed up mongrels.
That bunch of Mexican grandkids of mine had ancestors that died manning the walls at the Alamo.
If we got rid of the mexican's, indian and blacks there wouldn't be half of us here at the reunion.

hurleyjd":ysanbh8e said:
Hook":ysanbh8e said:
Even assuming he's grandstanding, at least he's doing something. The Potus is shooting pool an drinking beer and golfing instead.

Hook as you should know being the business man you have to hire good help to keep things running. To try to be on top of everything is called micro managing. Never works you have to delegate jobs and expect it to be done. By the way there is a law that was signed into the books in 2008 on how to deal with the minor children. Follow the law and the President gets slammed do not follow the law and the President gets slammed with the threat of being sued.

Not sure how you did it but you managed to say the most profound and stupid thing that has ever been posted on this forum. I would not let the POTUS hire a dogcatcher for me.

hurleyjd":3sirrqnn said:
touchy, touchy there Texas dont get your panties in such a wad. As usual and always if you do, not agree with someone you call them an idiot. Did the congress federalize the guard for the Iraq and Afghanistan war. Just asking both of the grand boys were called up both had joined the guard between their Junior and senior years. One three days after high school graduation Was training for the mission before he was seventeen. This is nothing but grandstanding on Perry's behalf. He may be popular in Texas but will never be President.
If the shoe fits, by all means wear it. Glad the grand ones joined the guard. Good for young men. And yes the congress federalized the guard. As for Perry. Who cares if he's ever President. I"m just glad he's governor of Texas. !!!!!! Call it what you want...It's working !!!!!

I guess there are several things I just don't understand.

1. We have a legal means of immigration for people the world over. If we need a bigger work force or more immigrants, why not increase the number we take in legally?

Hard working, LAW ABIDING, and DOCUMENTED people are what we need. I'd love for them to get a crack at the land of opportunity.

There are people the world over that want a crack at this place. But disregarding the law, not enforcing the law, and assisting or enticing them to break the law is just plain stupid for the safety of our citizens. See point # 4, 5 and 6.

2. If you say that the legal immigrants won't work these "same" jobs once they are legal, then the problem isn't with immigration. Because as we currently recognize any child born to them being a legal citizen, then you will only have a one generational fix and then for eternity the problem will still exist. If our citizens won't work, the problem is also not immigration. It is with our citizens not having a desire/need to work. Trying to fix this with immigration is like having a whole in the boat then saying the problem with the hole in the boat is not not having a big enough pail to keep the water out. Fix the dang hole- the thing causing the lack of motivation- the welfare system. Otherwise, you're just making a bigger hole.

3. The same liberal people that champion labor unions as THE answer to labor issues, want to flood the country with millions of cheap laborers. I guess they just see them as slaves, while pretending to "care"?
4. If the liberals cared about the children that were making the trek on their own, they would not have promoted an open border. While claiming that the kids are fleeing violence due to gangs (Cartels from Mexico)
Honduras has suffered a wave of violence in recent years, as Mexican drug cartels have expanded into the country, enlisting local street gangs and using the country's often lawless Caribbean coastline as a pit stop for U.S.-bound cocaine from South America.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/ ... E520140217

So the kids are pushed to go through Mexico where the Cartels are headquartered so they can be safe? hmmm... and when you look further

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ci ... urder_rate
Mexico has 9 of the top 50 most violent cities in the world!!! and this is the answer to send children through to get them away from violence? Why not south or other bordering nations? The entire region is not a war zone. And their destination America- has 4 of the top 50 most violent cities in the world (bet you can guess who runs the government in those cities).

It's not about the kids and the kids are not making the majority of the people crossing the border. But that story isn't as compelling.

5. Why are these people wanting to leave their home countries? If you say because of the violence, who is responsible for the violence? Well, it's people. So unless there is discrimination on what people are leaving and coming, then what they heck is all this about? Distribution of violent people? If people of Central America are being murdered, then by all logic that means that there are murderers in Central America. So by allowing any and everyone with open border tactics, you are promoting the influx of murderers and gang bangers into the US.

I love my family, I don't think we need an influx of more violent criminals. If you are just fine and dandy with this, then I guess you don't mind a few of those fine gang bangers being assisted across the border now, murdering or raping your mom, sister, daughters, or your elderly sister. That's love right there.

There is a process for a freaking reason. And the law abiding hispanic citizens know that. If they left a place of lawlessness, why would they want that to follow them here? The good people don't. But that's what you get when you let any thug, ugly mug and drug carrying slug come and go as they please. The good want a secure border. The thugs don't.

6. It isn't just the criminal of Central America, it is people looking to do us harm the world over. I bet MSNBC didn't run the article about the Chinese nationals crossing our southern border, or the prayer muslim rug they found deserted down there- I'm sure he was one of the moderates that just decided to take the southern route.

I work and have worked with several Central/South American people and love the work ethic and all of the very far majority of them. It's above the average American born individual entering the work force now. But it isn't the genetics that causes me to like or not like them. It's the mind set that comes from not having much opportunity and enjoying being paid for the work they are doing. In addition, they didn't have comfortable housing and free food to fall back on if they didn't work.

I'd take thousands upon thousands of them the world over, if they've gone through the legal process, are law abiding, hard working and are willing to assimilate into our way of life.
Welfare is where we harm our country the most, not saying I don't want the needy to receive care. I do, but it needs to happen through organizations/churches/individuals- someone local where the needs can be examined and their is responsibility for receiving the aid. Seems that most people that want government to do it, are the ones giving the least. But I also understand that once the government's taxed you to death, many don't want to have to give twice for what should have been enough in the first place. But it seems the ones giving the most are the ones in the field doing the work and would like less regulations and hindrances.

Every poor person doesn't need a brand new free phone, air conditioning, unchecked debit cards, ability to regularly obtain soda pop/candy/stuff that should be considered a luxury. Kids should have a fire in their gut when they hit the work force age to want more. And moms and dads giving their kids everything when they leave the nest is just as wrong. People need to be a little hungry as some point in their life. It later produces contentment, satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment. And it is this stuff that relates to why some think we need illegals as a work force.

I used to work parts for a farm supply company in Lubbock and had several good customers from Mexico.
They'd make all the auctions in Ks, NE, SD,ND and etc and then stop by Lubbock on the way back to Mexico and load up on parts.
They would buy guns(not from me) and weld them up inside tool bars to get them into Mexico
They said used to the border towns were the only unsafe places and once you got 1hr from the border it wasn't a problem, but that was changing and were buying guns to defend their homes and families.
These were well to do business owners, big farmers and etc. They said kidnapping of wives and children for ransom was beginning to be a real threat.
That was 10 years ago. I would guess it's a whole lot worse now
Without a way to defend yourselves there aint a whole lot you can do

Latest posts