Toyota beats Chevy..........

Help Support CattleToday:

Why do you want to poke the Shell-Bear?
Facts are facts. I am not sure it is good for this to happen. Read some articles that say Chevy may regain shortly.

Where I live people mainly drive trucks the only less than Toyota is Nissan.
The do own the high top tennis shoe car market and KIA.
I don't know how many Ford sedan models there are today, you don't see any just F-150's.

I'm going to buy a Tacoma when the supply chain issues die down. Reason is I need to put a lot of miles on something that can haul firewood.

I'm going to buy a Tacoma when the supply chain issues die down. Reason is I need to put a lot of miles on something that can haul firewood.
I had one a few years ago and you could put a ton on and barely squat it. I think the ride is better on the newer ones, but the one I had rode like a log wagon. Also the cab was small as I barely fit with the seat all the way back.

I had one a few years ago and you could put a ton on and barely squat it. I think the ride is better on the newer ones, but the one I had rode like a log wagon. Also the cab was small as I barely fit with the seat all the way back.
In my particular case I'm looking at having to change jobs after Sept this year and will end up with an hour commute so I'm going to put a crap load of miles on it but still need to do farm stuff.

I don't think the trend of gm decline in number of units sold will change any time soon. With their commitment to go all electric vehicles by 2035 . I think all their research will be in electric and the few gas and diesel vehicles they produce will not be changed much.
So the 2030 models will look much like if not identical to the models being produced today . I don't think the demand for electric vehicles will be to the point that they can maintain current sales volume especially in the truck market and in less populated areas .

Chip supply was the main reason. It is hard to sell from an empty lot.
Our local GMC dealer has had an empty lot now for many months. Talking to the owner, they have sold more trucks than ever. They are sold before they they hit the lot

I don't think the trend of gm decline in number of units sold will change any time soon. With their commitment to go all electric vehicles by 2035 . I think all their research will be in electric and the few gas and diesel vehicles they produce will not be changed much.
So the 2030 models will look much like if not identical to the models being produced today . I don't think the demand for electric vehicles will be to the point that they can maintain current sales volume especially in the truck market and in less populated areas .
Our federal roadmap to achieve 100% electric vehicle sales by 2030.
The transition to electric vehicles (EVs) offers national policymakers a chance to create thousands of domestic manufacturing jobs, protect public health, and secure American leadership in this innovative space.

And where is all the lithium and other rare earth metals going to come from to make the EV.
China?
Manufacturers should have learned their lesson from the vehicle chip mess but I don't think so .
Don't think much will be available domestically so where is this huge demand going to come from?

Chip supply was the main reason. It is hard to sell from an empty lot.
Yes it was, but as other vehicle manufacturers figured out how to produce vehicles with less chips ,gm was to busy focusing on the future and ev them to focus on current production issues. If Toyota , Ford and others figured it out why didn't gm? Because there focus is elsewhere.

Yes it was, but as other vehicle manufacturers figured out how to produce vehicles with less chips ,gm was to busy focusing on the future and ev them to focus on current production issues. If Toyota , Ford and others figured it out why didn't gm? Because there focus is elsewhere.
Toyota had a bit of an advantage because one of their main suppliers makes some of their own chips. I'm referring to Denso. Unless I'm mistaken they bought out part of a chip manufacturer years ago.

Latest posts