Upgrade or Resource bull? Gelbvieh?

Help Support CattleToday:

The Guy that has Resource calf hs bull sales on his ranch one Utah. And only private.

Lrj505":8gaxpvxb said:
Found a son of Resource and an Upgrade son. The Upgrade calf is from an AI tech and the Resource calf is from a highly reputable Bull breeder. Price on Upgrade calf is $1500 Resource calf is $4000. Both are 6 months. I would like a breeder or a clean up bull. Opinions thanks ? Resource calf is on top . I think $4000 is outrageous for a calf

From the pics I like the resource calf. Not sure if he is worth the extra $2500 over the other though.

Resource calf is registered. Why do bull calf's like this with papers usually go for ? I sold all commercial cows and am starting over. All registered stock.

The Resource bull isn't worth $4,000 but the Upgrade son will add some frame. He may
not be good for heifers either.

Which bull would be better for if I want to keep replacements? Or what are the better AI bulls for replacements ?

Lrj505":28yav0k4 said:
Which bull would be better for if I want to keep replacements? Or what are the better AI bulls for replacements ?

Chisum 6175
Connealy right answer
Hoover dam
Have all put good females in my herd

"Chisum 6175" unfortunately I think is gone. Called about it last week and they said they didn't have anymore showing... i think he died a year or so ago. Maybe a local tech may still have some.

How are 7229's back feet? Do they have real shallow heels? how long have they lasted in your herd?

Latest posts