Walmart Angus Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-create-angus-beef-supply-chain-151838879--sector.html

Did I read this right only one rancher will furnish Walmart Angus Beef.

Two operations. And if I read it correctly they will furnish 500 stores. Still a lot of beef but 44 Farms is a big operation. Not sure about the other one that is mentioned.

44 Farms has the calf retention program so they could probably handle it.

(Reuters) - Walmart Inc is taking control of the supply chain for Angus beef sold in some of its stores, cutting out meat processors as the company looks to offer higher quality products in an intensely competitive grocery industry.

"some of its stores"

TennesseeTuxedo said:
(Reuters) - Walmart Inc is taking control of the supply chain for Angus beef sold in some of its stores, cutting out meat processors as the company looks to offer higher quality products in an intensely competitive grocery industry.

"some of its stores"

And keeping it's prices low-low-low.

In a few years, the rancher can write a book of how to cut costs to satisfy the Walmart market.

Premium beef at .50 less a lb than the rest of the market. The Walmart Way.

Aaron said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

"some of its stores"

And keeping it's prices low-low-low.

In a few years, the rancher can write a book of how to cut costs to satisfy the Walmart market.

Premium beef at .50 less a lb than the rest of the market. The Walmart Way.
Between the savings on sales commissions - brokerage fees and trucking that should add up to well over a $0.50 a lb savings for Walmart. My question is how much Angus influence is needed to qualify? And if you use 44 Farms bulls can your calves qualify to be sold to Walmart?

jltrent said:
This is starting to sound like the little man is out.
As most agricultural business the little man will be gone. The little man needs to realize that he is doing nothing but subsidizing the beef industry with other income and labor. Look at Walmart and the milk industry.

And will be processed at Creekstone Farms Premium Beef. They're expanding the facility and this is a huge plus for our community.

https://www.drovers.com/article/walmart-partners-establish-its-own-angus-beef-supply-chain?fbclid=IwAR0_Q3o3PgSeFvNioaOfxUqY9xzO83dHiP4bHnYrRhrB2xv8JnGY6m6mSe4

TCRanch said:
And will be processed at Creekstone Farms Premium Beef. They're expanding the facility and this is a huge plus for our community.

https://www.drovers.com/article/walmart-partners-establish-its-own-angus-beef-supply-chain?fbclid=IwAR0_Q3o3PgSeFvNioaOfxUqY9xzO83dHiP4bHnYrRhrB2xv8JnGY6m6mSe4

Thank you for being a ray of sunshine on what we should all see as a positive move. Walmart could have just as easily announced a partnership with a Brazilian or Argentinian outfit to supply their beef.

TCRanch said:

dont you have to use 44 Bulls...say I'm the only Cadillac dealer in the US..you want to drive a Cadillac,gotta go through me first..

One incentive 44 Farms throws out there is they will "bid" on your calves if you have purchased or leased a 44 Farms bull. Never saw the word "buy" mentioned. So, maybe they will... maybe they won't, but you're still having to use their bulls in hopes that they will.

ALACOWMAN said:
TCRanch said:

dont you have to use 44 Bulls...say I'm the only Cadillac dealer in the US..you want to drive a Cadillac,gotta go through me first..

Personally I'd have zero problem buying a 44 Farms bull or driving a Caddy.

ALACOWMAN said:
TCRanch said:

I really don't know anything about 44 Farms. But I do know a lot about Creekstone & they have customers world wide, stress humane treatment/handling, educate their customers & are very involved in our community. And they do bring a lot of their customers to our ranch - the whole Farm to Table thing. Plus the Director of Cattle Procurement is also part of a large family operation feedlot/finishing & they buy most of my calves.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
ALACOWMAN said:
TCRanch said:

Personally I'd have zero problem buying a 44 Farms bull or driving a Caddy.
Like that sweet Caddy your son restored? I'm in!

TCRanch said:
ALACOWMAN said:
TCRanch said:

I really don't know anything about 44 Farms. But I do know a lot about Creekstone & they have customers world wide, stress humane treatment/handling, educate their customers & are very involved in our community. And they do bring a lot of their customers to our ranch - the whole Farm to Table thing. Plus the Director of Cattle Procurement is also part of a large family operation feedlot/finishing & they buy most of my calves.
Has there been a lot of change since new owners took over in 2017. Japanese trading house Marubeni in 2017.

hurleyjd said:
TCRanch said:
ALACOWMAN said:
Has there been a lot of change since new owners took over in 2017. Japanese trading house Marubeni in 2017.
Yes, in terms of expansion (including globaly). No, in terms of values & management. When they host customers it's truly down-home, get real, including the restaurant/ranch/feedlot/processing tours and a fabulous home cooked meal.

The Asian people have always been quite polite. Their Ambassador to the United States, Admiral Nomura; in his last negotiation with US ambassador Cordell Hull, on Dec 5 1941 (2 days before pearl Harbor) was reported to be extremely polite and cordial, while knowing full well the Japanese attack fleet was steaming ever closer to Honolulu...

My grandson's insurance is only offered at WalMart. So I took him there which means I have been to WalMart this year. I avoid that place and the people there. If there is a maw and paw shop around town, that is my preference.

What goes around comes around.

Latest posts