What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

I should have said I soak it enough to get the blood out. Taking that membrane off the outside makes it less chewy. Venison liver is about the only liver I eat. It is a lot milder than beef liver.

Dave":ic0s4ltx said:
I should have said I soak it enough to get the blood out. Taking that membrane off the outside makes it less chewy. Venison liver is about the only liver I eat. It is a lot milder than beef liver.
Is liver as good as backstrap or a ham?

JMJ Farms":2uzrhkjc said:
I love chicken livers. Never tried beef or venison liver. But if it's anything like chicken livers I'm game.
I can eat and actually like a few chicken livers. Any of the others turns my stomach.

True Grit Farms":2wqskguu said:
Dave":2wqskguu said:
NO. Not even in the same universe..... :lol2:

True Grit Farms":2cz87esl said:
Dave":2cz87esl said:
NO but it's about a half notch above "Catfish Charlie". :lol: :lol2:

Today I'm eating a genuine Jail House lunch, menu consisting of:

1 baloney sandwich with a slice of processed cheese on dry white bread
1 pressed ham sandwich with a slice of processed cheese on dry white bread
1 packet small of yellow mustard
1 packet small of mayo salad dressing
1 tangerine (some what green)
4 small vanilla snap cookies (4 dried out vanilla wafers is the reason they snap)
4 oz of Fruit Punch contains 10% juice, ingredients listed, filtered water - High Fructose Corn Syrup - apple juice
(It is good to see jails spend as little as possible on meals)

For the last 26 months at the request of his mother and father (mostly his mother) I've been trying to mentor a
6' 3" 230 lb 24 yr old black man. It has seen varying degrees of success and failure.
It all started upon his release after 9 months of incarceration on a 5 year sentence. (No drugs or alcohol involved)
Long story short he messed up on his probation (temper) and now has to serve 90 days in our county jail.
He was within inches of going to prison to finish his 5 year sentence. Never saw anyone so happy to (just) go to jail.

After many starts and stops along the way he had finally gotten a full time job with a company willing to employ
convicted felons. He enjoys his job, because his skills are not over matched, even though the hours are 6 am - 6 pm.
By paying the jail, $140 each week in advance, they allow him out on work release up to 55 hours per week which
includes 2 hours of mental health counseling each week which he also pays for out of his own pocket in advance in
addition to the $140 work release fee. When I picked him up this morning the guard handed him the lunch.
13 miles later when I dropped him off at his job he left the lunch, telling me to "Throw it away, I'm sick of jail food."

I cannot throw away perfectly good food, it just is not in my dna, so it appears this is what I'll be eating later today.
Update:
I cheated by adding bread and butter pickles and grilling the ham and cheese sandwich.
(not really cheating as I'm not serving a jail sentence) :)

I should've took a picture but I was too busy dipping and forking it into my mouth. My wife cooked dressing, giblet gravy, homemade macaroni and cheese, chicken and dumplings, cream 12 peas, creamed corn, yeast rolls and cranberry sauce. I fried a turkey, grilled a Boston butt, and grilled a few sausage. Then we had banana pudding, carrot cake, Oreo delight, chocolate-chocolate chip cake, cookies, cherry cobbler and some other assorted desserts. It was a true Christmas feast to say the least. My wife payed attention when she was growing up. She cooks like she's got the experience of my grandmother. I really wish I'd have taken a pic.

USA beef ...... grain finished ..... and yeah, it at some grass along the way

48411492_2024642174500338_5046406489116246016_n.jpg

Looks pretty good their Jogee.

Had a pretty good piece of prime rib with baked potato, green beans with mushroom and bacon, rolls and something called Yorkshire pudding.

1982vett":1xhhakga said:
Looks pretty good their Jogee.

Had a pretty good piece of prime rib with baked potato, green beans with mushroom and bacon, rolls and something called Yorkshire pudding.

Yorkshire pudding is interesting isn't it? First time I had it I was surprised because it was nothing like I had envisioned. Pretty good though.

JMJ Farms":1j4n7w5f said:
I should've took a picture but I was too busy dipping and forking it into my mouth. My wife cooked dressing, giblet gravy, homemade macaroni and cheese, chicken and dumplings, cream 12 peas, creamed corn, yeast rolls and cranberry sauce. I fried a turkey, grilled a Boston butt, and grilled a few sausage. Then we had banana pudding, carrot cake, Oreo delight, chocolate-chocolate chip cake, cookies, cherry cobbler and some other assorted desserts. It was a true Christmas feast to say the least. My wife payed attention when she was growing up. She cooks like she's got the experience of my grandmother. I really wish I'd have taken a pic.

However many were you feeding? Sounds like enough for a whole army!!!! Wish I was closer, I might have crashed the party....
Went to a friends, had an "Italian" dinner.... lasagna, Italian herbed roast beef, an Italian type salad with olives and other stuff, an "Italian style" broccoli dish, something else I don't know what it was, some mushrooms with an italian type dressing. It was all very good.... she said they were tired of traditional Turkey and ham and decided to do something different. Nice company, nice afternoon.

Jogeephus":1uuk3x1v said:
USA beef ...... grain finished ..... and yeah, it at some grass along the way

48411492_2024642174500338_5046406489116246016_n.jpg
Jo, I'm not sure if I'm more impressed by your culinary skills or your photography skills! Surely you must have people with special lights holding big white umberellas behind that plate. Did you snap that with a cell phone? My daughter has a new iPhone and I have a new Android and her pics are way better quality than mine. If you tell me you are using an iPhone than I am definitely switching. Either way, your plate is fit for a king.

Latest posts