What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjan":3gjasmzb said:
JMJ Farms":3gjasmzb said:
I should've took a picture but I was too busy dipping and forking it into my mouth. My wife cooked dressing, giblet gravy, homemade macaroni and cheese, chicken and dumplings, cream 12 peas, creamed corn, yeast rolls and cranberry sauce. I fried a turkey, grilled a Boston butt, and grilled a few sausage. Then we had banana pudding, carrot cake, Oreo delight, chocolate-chocolate chip cake, cookies, cherry cobbler and some other assorted desserts. It was a true Christmas feast to say the least. My wife payed attention when she was growing up. She cooks like she's got the experience of my grandmother. I really wish I'd have taken a pic.

However many were you feeding? Sounds like enough for a whole army!!!! Wish I was closer, I might have crashed the party....
Went to a friends, had an "Italian" dinner.... lasagna, Italian herbed roast beef, an Italian type salad with olives and other stuff, an "Italian style" broccoli dish, something else I don't know what it was, some mushrooms with an italian type dressing. It was all very good.... she said they were tired of traditional Turkey and ham and decided to do something different. Nice company, nice afternoon.

Happens every time Jan! There was only 13 of us today. We always seem to cook too much, but halfing recipes never seems to work. And some brough desserts even though we said "just come eat". Anyway, we won't have to cook anymore this week!! I bet the Italian dinner was awesome!

ohiosteve":2m0ysj0p said:
Jogeephus":2m0ysj0p said:
USA beef ...... grain finished ..... and yeah, it at some grass along the way

48411492_2024642174500338_5046406489116246016_n.jpg
Jo, I'm not sure if I'm more impressed by your culinary skills or your photography skills! Surely you must have people with special lights holding big white umberellas behind that plate. Did you snap that with a cell phone? My daughter has a new iPhone and I have a new Android and her pics are way better quality than mine. If you tell me you are using an iPhone than I am definitely switching. Either way, your plate is fit for a king.

Iphone 6 is what I use.

Jogeephus":mtx8bofp said:
1982vett":mtx8bofp said:
Looks pretty good their Jogee.

Had a pretty good piece of prime rib with baked potato, green beans with mushroom and bacon, rolls and something called Yorkshire pudding.

Yorkshire pudding is interesting isn't it? First time I had it I was surprised because it was nothing like I had envisioned. Pretty good though.
Yorkshire pudding comes to our table from my wife's side. Never had it before that. Interesting for sure. Since I can't afford to eat any and everything I'd like to, its low priority on the plate.

Jogeephus; I am also impressed by the pictures. I have an OLD FLIP phone. Love that I can stick it in my back pocket, or front pocket and sit on it etc and never break it. But.....it doesn't do much else. I have been thinking about switching over and if that iphone6 is that good, maybe time to do it. Thing is, I will need someone to teach me how to use it and my son is NOT a candidate as he has no patience with his mother on stuff like that.... :bang: :bang:
I don't learn electronic stuff very fast.... :help: :help: :cry2: :hide: :oops:

Anyone else want to weigh in on the best kind of phone for a real electronically challenged person to get? I hate touch screen computers, I want to type real words and use a mouse to point and click....

farmerjan":275qn2zy said:
Jogeephus; I am also impressed by the pictures. I have an OLD FLIP phone. Love that I can stick it in my back pocket, or front pocket and sit on it etc and never break it. But.....it doesn't do much else. I have been thinking about switching over and if that iphone6 is that good, maybe time to do it. Thing is, I will need someone to teach me how to use it and my son is NOT a candidate as he has no patience with his mother on stuff like that.... :bang: :bang:
I don't learn electronic stuff very fast.... :help: :help: :cry2: :hide: :oops:

Anyone else want to weigh in on the best kind of phone for a real electronically challenged person to get? I hate touch screen computers, I want to type real words and use a mouse to point and click....
Jan, YouTube is your friend with a smartphone. You can find out how to do anything on there, even how to post pictures on CT.

Fell off the diet today. Grilled bacon wrapped shrimp, fried oysters, baked beans, cole slaw, tarter and remoulade sauces, garlic butter French bread.

The night before:

in a few hrs, transformed....
Smoked turkey, cornbread dressing, baked ham, chicken/sausage gumbo and rice dressing, and every side dish & dessert imaginable.

for breakfast, some ugly kolaches

Gorgeous steak, tasty looking sides and beautiful pic Jogeephus! Love the dainty dollop of horseradish sauce. ;-)
That's some kinda awesome spread GB! :tiphat:
Would that be your's truly seated at the end of the dessert table?
Ahem...ain't no such thing as ugly kolaches!
To everyone else who responded...sounded like mighty fine eating'.

76 Bar":wjkh1shh said:
Gorgeous steak, tasty looking sides and beautiful pic Jogeephus! Love the dainty dollop of horseradish sauce. ;-)
That's some kinda awesome spread GB! :tiphat:
Would that be your's truly seated at the end of the dessert table?
Ahem...ain't no such thing as ugly kolaches!
To everyone else who responded...sounded like mighty fine eating'.
That's my Brother-in-law.
(I rushed the kolaches...the dough was 'heavy'.)

True Grit Farms":2h7t5cii said:

Fresh stone crab claws are the best.
My daughter agrees. It's hard to get the stone crab up here though. If we ever get rich she wants crab and lobster on the menu every night so that's my goal.

Latest posts