Whole Cotton Seed

Help Support CattleToday:

I bought a few of those high dollar bags of cotton seed from the feed store. The deer lapped them up. Bought a few more...same. Bought an 18 wheeler load and had it delivered to the ranch. I have a lot of cattle feed. I don't get it but it worked out pretty well for my cows :lol2:

I know a lot of people complain about the cost of the protein but at least I know 99% of it actually goes to the deer. I sling a little corn for the deer/hogs but no where near as much as I use to before protein.

I'm a big fan of hunting the deer travel to the protein feeders and just corning the roads with a tailgate feeder. We get far more deer on corned roads than under any feeder.

Brute 23":36xd3s20 said:
I know a lot of people complain about the cost of the protein but at least I know 99% of it actually goes to the deer. I sling a little corn for the deer/hogs but no where near as much as I use to before protein.

I'm a big fan of hunting the deer travel to the protein feeders and just corning the roads with a tailgate feeder. We get far more deer on corned roads than under any feeder.

That's exactly right. I sling corn with a atv slinger nilly willy up until a couple weeks before season. Then gradually start tighten it up to around the stands.
Big bucks didn't get big standing under a tripod.

callmefence":2od33yzh said:
Brute 23":2od33yzh said:

That's exactly right. I sling corn with a atv slinger nilly willy up until a couple weeks before season. Then gradually start tighten it up to around the stands.

Coons will break you on protein feeders here, since no one traps anymore they are the plague.
I have never gotten a picture of a really big buck under a feeder. They are always on the outskirts here now a food plot is a whole nuther story.

I saw a big non-typical buck under a feeder yesterday afternoon couldn't believe it. I wonder if it might have something to do with the hogs? We don't have hog problems here very often.

Caustic Burno":16stjgje said:
callmefence":16stjgje said:
Brute 23":16stjgje said:

Coons will break you on protein feeders here, since no one traps anymore they are the plague.
I have never gotten a picture of a really big buck under a feeder. They are always on the outskirts here now a food plot is a whole nuther story.

Have you tried these before? We have several and I have turned several friends on to them also. I can say with all honesty I have never seen a coon on one and I keep cameras on them year round. They are not that bad on cost also. The #600 you can fill from a pick up easily. The #1000s you have to fully extend to put bags in... not my favorite.

https://www.bossbuck.com/products/feede ... otein.html

All the big high dollar fancy ones are nothing more than coon jungle gyms IMO.

Latest posts