crockpot/slow cooker

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":2vz24mly said:
NECowboy":2vz24mly said:
JMJ Farms":2vz24mly said:
My wife made a apple cobbler in the crock pot about a month ago. And I couldn't believe how good it was. A scoop of ice cream, actually three, and I was set. It was absolutely delicious. If you're interested I could ask her the particulars.

Go ahead jmj that sounds good!

(1) box yellow cake mix. (1) can of pie filling (can use any kind if you don't like apple) and (2) sticks of butter.

Put pie filling on the bottom. Then cover with the cake mix. And then lay the two sticks of butter on top. Cook on low for around 4 hours. Easy enough.

I always called it dump cake. Best in a Dutch oven over a fire. Have done both cherry and apple pie filling like the cherry the best. It is awesome though!

Just a different taste. We have chicken and sausage and then we have seafood. Generally speaking too, chicken and sausage will be a dark roux and seafood will be a light roux.

Seafood gumbo will have shrimp, crab, and oysters in it. Chicken and sausage will have chicken, sausage, and task.

I'm not saying other people might not like it, but for me it just has a different taste. If I get a bite of shrimp, I'd want to be eating a seafood gumbo which has a completely different taste than a chicken and sausage gumbo.

I put the leftover pulled pork in some big bell peppers the other day w enchilada sauce , cheese and some leftover peppers I ran thru the grinder. They were ok.

Cross-7":9348xgv6 said:
I thought this looked really good
I do HB meat and potatoes like that and season it up good and make burritos, but never thought to add onions, tomatoes and beans. I'll probably use chili beans instead of kidney beans.

http://slowcooker.cooktopcove.com/2016/ ... kerkitchen

I printed this one out and saved it as well....
looks like it would be worth a try.

the crock pot dumpling recipe was excellent and sooooo easy and tasty...
wife has promoted me to chief cook and bottle washer.

Cross-7":4zbk0jdw said:
I do HB meat and potatoes like that and season it up good and make burritos, but never thought to add onions, tomatoes and beans. I'll probably use chili beans instead of kidney beans.

Most of the time, "chili beans" ARE kidney beans. The rest of the time, they are pintos or black beans.

Next spring, go to your local feed store or seed supplier and tell 'em you want to plant some "chili beans".
They'll most likely look at you funny and ask if you're from up north or from some foreign place like Vermont or Virginia.

greybeard":3fgdibj7 said:
Cross-7":3fgdibj7 said:

Most of the time, "chili beans" ARE kidney beans. The rest of the time, they are pintos or black beans.

Next spring, go to your local feed store or seed supplier and tell 'em you want to plant some "chili beans".
They'll most likely look at you funny and ask if you're from up north or from some foreign place like Vermont or Virginia.

you done gone to name calling for no good reason lumping us with Vermont...
no matter how much the revisionist and the come heres want to change our history....
we were still the capital of the confederacy and fought all over this state for the entire war.
I will admit that everything north of the Rappahannock River is pretty much occupied territory now with the washington elite trying to get out of the city they created....
but we no longer claim that as part of Virginia....
it is referred to as NoVa short for Northern Virginia...
sort of like the Mountain Williams in West Virginia abandonded us during the war.

greybeard":1c0tfaj4 said:
Cross-7":1c0tfaj4 said:

I don't know beans :D
But the chili beans I get are in a chili sauce

pdfangus":28g6j044 said:
greybeard":28g6j044 said:
Cross-7":28g6j044 said:

no matter how much the revisionist and the come heres want to change our history....
we were still the capital of the confederacy and fought all over this state for the entire war.
I will admit that everything north of the Rappahannock River is pretty much occupied territory now with the washington elite trying to get out of the city they created....
but we no longer claim that as part of Virginia....
it is referred to as NoVa short for Northern Virginia...
sort of like the Mountain Williams in West Virginia abandonded us during the war.
I think I may have mentioned it before..I was in the military with a man from Va and he always referred to W. Va as "West ByGod". I asked about it and he just said "West....... By God stole from Virginia"

Here is my Saturday beef roast during and post results. I didn't try the slow cooker again yet, but nothing like browning meat to make a dark gravy. Cooked covered for right at 3.5 hours.

greybeard":28brcrxu said:
pdfangus":28brcrxu said:
Welp, you lumped in with Vermont fer sure now. :frowns:

that is the saddest part of the entire election for me.
Virginia....site of the first successful permanent English settlement in the Americas.
Virginia, one of the founding states in the Revolution
Virginia, the mother of Presidents
Virginia, a state that originally stretched from the Atlantic to the Mississippi and thus the mother of several other states.
Virginia, the Capital of the confederacy
Virginia has for the second time been taken over by carpet baggers and come heres and for the third presidential election has voted liberal....
but it was not the entire state....
quite the opposite...Nova was the big deal where there are so many people clustered around DC.
Richmond has become a typpical democratic run city and it is expanding into the surrounding counties.
Charlottesville area is the home of the liberal institution, University of Virginia, I am sure that Thomas Jefferson who founded it is spinning in his grave.

and so our state map looks like the national map....a lot of red with pockets of high density urban centers that are blue....

I have been saying for years on this board that there is a different mindset between rural people and city people and that they outnumber us by far....and with the federal government intrenched in our schools it is only going to get worse.....the three Rs are becoming Rebellion, Revisionism, Racism and Rioting. note that rithmatic is no longer in the list...lol

pdfangus":11tmej9s said:
greybeard":11tmej9s said:
pdfangus":11tmej9s said:

Virginia....site of the first successful permanent English settlement in the Americas.
Virginia, a state that originally stretched from the Atlantic to the Mississippi and thus the mother of several other states.
Virginia has for the second time been taken over by carpet baggers and come heres and for the third presidential election has voted liberal....
quite the opposite...Nova was the big deal where there are so many people clustered around DC.
Richmond has become a typpical democratic run city and it is expanding into the surrounding counties.
Charlottesville area is the home of the liberal institution, University of Virginia, I am sure that Thomas Jefferson who founded it is spinning in his grave.

and so our state map looks like the national map....a lot of red with pockets of high density urban centers that are blue....

I have been saying for years on this board that there is a different mindset between rural people and city people and that they outnumber us by far....and with the federal government intrenched in our schools it is only going to get worse.....the three Rs are becoming Rebellion, Revisionism, Racism and Rioting. note that rithmatic is no longer in the list...lol

yall should have kept West VA

MudHog":15z7oost said:
Here is my Saturday beef roast during and post results. I didn't try the slow cooker again yet, but nothing like browning meat to make a dark gravy. Cooked covered for right at 3.5 hours.

Wow is that hash and rice or what is that over the rice? Southern food is God's gift to the world!

pdfangus":29hamgs3 said:
greybeard":29hamgs3 said:
pdfangus":29hamgs3 said:

PDF I am quite disgusted with Virginia. Realize it's not your and many rural people's fault. Even in rural VA seems like Washington elite are moving and changing the politics and making rural land and home prices ridiculous!
Why so many counties in metro Richmond are blue I don't understand (I've been through Richmond but never thought it was THAT huge an area). I understand some of the interior coastal VA counties as they would be similar to poverty-stricken interior coastal SC counties in that regard even though SC is a solid Republican state.
Also looks like Montgomery County/VA Tech area is guilty of liberalism. It's just that even though the rat race, nothing southern about it Charlotte through Raleigh corridor carries a lot of population and votes the rest of North Carolina came through on the election. The excessive expansion of the federal government under the Obama administration must have really added to the population and influence of Loudoun and Fairfax Counties. Amazing too on Georgia how close it was - Cobb, Gwinnett, Fulton, DeKalb, etc really wrecks stuff!

pdfangus":17yhp079 said:
greybeard":17yhp079 said:
pdfangus":17yhp079 said:

PDF I am quite disgusted with Virginia. Realize it's not your and many rural people's fault. Even in rural VA seems like Washington elite are moving and changing the politics and making land and house prices ridiculous!
Why so many counties in metro Richmond are blue I don't understand (I've been through Richmond but never thought it was THAT huge an area). I understand some of the interior coastal VA counties as they would be similar to poverty-stricken interior coastal SC counties in that regard even though SC is a solid Republican state.
Also looks like Montgomery County/VA Tech area is guilty of liberalism. It's just that even though the rat race, nothing southern about it Charlotte through Raleigh corridor carries a lot of population and votes the rest of North Carolina came through on the election. The excessive expansion of the federal government under the Obama administration must have really added to the population and influence of Loudoun and Fairfax Counties. Amazing too on Georgia how close it was - Cobb, Gwinnett, Fulton, DeKalb, etc really wrecks stuff!

Latest posts