Stand your ground shooter charged

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
https://iontb.com/argument-over-handica ... learwater/

The State Attorney conducted his review and decided to charge Drejka with Manslaughter.

img_20180813_1257565459425557399219080-248x300.jpg

I'm not a fan of this guy. He stands a 50 - 50 chance of getting convicted. Killing someone because they pushed you down once isn't self-defense.

I have wondered about acts revolving out of these "stand your ground" statues. It would be easy to abuse the right granted by that legislation. Glad to see the Attorney General is watching these.

How do you justify shooting a man - ending his life - taking everything he has or any future he has - because he pushed you down!!!!!!!!!!
The Gods are weeping.

Bright Raven":3nvyi9xz said:
How do you justify shooting a man - ending his life - taking everything he has or any future he has - because he pushed you down!!!!!!!!!!
The Gods are weeping.
You shouldn't be pushing on people for starters, and he was far from being a saint. Fact is if him and his girlfriend weren't breaking the law he'd still be alive.

True Grit Farms":2e30hguu said:
Bright Raven":2e30hguu said:
The Gods are weeping.
You shouldn't be pushing on people for starters, and he was far from being a saint. Fact is if him and his girlfriend weren't breaking the law he'd still be alive.

Taken on what is stated, this shooting is not justified and I will speculate that he is convicted on manslaughter.

Bright Raven":1ufig591 said:
True Grit Farms":1ufig591 said:
Bright Raven":1ufig591 said:
The Gods are weeping.

Taken on what is stated, this shooting is not justified and I will speculate that he is convicted on manslaughter.
I think your probably right. One of the videos showed the guy take a step towards the guy on the ground right before he fired.
Kind of petty to be killing someone over.

True Grit Farms":1zxi1v8z said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1zxi1v8z said:
I hope the dead man's family sue him into oblivion.
For defending himself from getting beat to death by a thug?

For sticking his nose where it didn't belong because he had the false confidence carrying a gun gives some yahoos.

Nobody appointed him meter maid authorized to hassle anybody over where they chose to park.

That 5 second pause is gonna be his undoing. Should he have confronted the woman? Probably not. Not real manly. Should have the boyfriend pushed him down. No. Did it justify killing him. Based on what I see in the video definitely not. Not a positive day for gun owners or concealed carry permits.

Another classic example of how your life can change, or end, in the twinkling of an eye.

I have been in the position the shooter was in but I did not have a firearm.
You don't have time to think, yet thoughts flash through your mind.
You think next he will kick you in the head.
Bump on the head, slight concussion, serious injury, permanent disability, death?
So some of you think the thing to do is wait to find out.
This is not third grade tussling on the school ground at recess.

He'll probably get convicted , be hard to find a sympathetic jury , since he was the aggressor it seems . Wasn't his place to worry about someone else's parking , and someone lost their life . Not a pretty picture of our society .

Ryder":39jrulc0 said:
Bump on the head, slight concussion, serious injury, permanent disability, death?

If you can't think in a situation like that then you shouldn't be carrying a deadly weapon. You can't shoot first and think later. Hard for someone to kick you in the head when they are backing away from you. I'm fine with the fact that he drew on him. But based on the video he was not justified in pulling the trigger.
Maybe there is something I didn't see. Looks to me that he pulled his pistol, the guy kinda picked his hands up, and then took a step or two away from the man with the gun. There was a pause and then he shot. I think his anger got the best of him. I'm a very strong advocate of our 2nd amendment and of "stand your ground" but I think it may have been abused here.

JMJ Farms":2v0nhpqf said:
Ryder":2v0nhpqf said:

If you can't think in a situation like that then you shouldn't be carrying a deadly weapon. You can't shoot first and think later. Hard for someone to kick you in the head when they are backing away from you. I'm fine with the fact that he drew on him. But based on the video he was not justified in pulling the trigger.
Maybe there is something I didn't see. Looks to me that he pulled his pistol, the guy kinda picked his hands up, and then took a step or two away from the man with the gun. There was a pause and then he shot. I think his anger got the best of him. I'm a very strong advocate of our 2nd amendment and of "stand your ground" but I think it may have been abused here.
I think your right, self-defense to me is when someone is within a couple of arms length of me. Not 12 to 15' and possibly backing up.

JMJ Farms":1ypqr6a0 said:
Ryder":1ypqr6a0 said:

IMO, that is the pivotal point of the entire case. That is like shooting someone the day after they robbed you. Regardless of whether they deserved it, it is not legal. Looks to me like the shot was an act of retaliation. If I were the prosecutor, I would claim - justly so - that the victim was in a "state of surrender".

This guy sounds like a loose cannon (sorry for the bad pun). It seems like he has a history of being overly aggressive and a self appointed traffic vigilante. Think about what you would do if someone accosted your wife, g/f, daughter, etc. I'd get a bit unhappy, too. Being pushed down for being an a-hole isn't the end of the world, nor should it be the catalyst for ending someone's life. Society is better off with guys like this off the street.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/us/flori ... index.html

Bestoutwest":1p1vhut8 said:
This guy sounds like a loose cannon (sorry for the bad pun). It seems like he has a history of being overly aggressive and a self appointed traffic vigilante. Think about what you would do if someone accosted your wife, g/f, daughter, etc. I'd get a bit unhappy, too. Being pushed down for being an a-hole isn't the end of the world, nor should it be the catalyst for ending someone's life. Society is better off with guys like this off the street.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/us/flori ... index.html
This is another good example of why you need to finish what you started. If your going to assault someone you might as well assault them.

There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy.
There's only human beings and they just don't always get along. And they certainly don't always make the right choices.

In this case, the shooter made a bad decision and I think he will get his justice.

Latest posts