08 Silverado inside door handle not working

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Manual locks and windows. I can't do much with it right now because of risk of cuts on GM's notoriously sharp edges on their stamped steel doors but I need to. I went to get out of the truck last week and the handle just came up with nothing happening with the door latch itself...like something has come loose. Have to reach out the window and open it with outside door handle..pita if it's raining. What's inside those GM doors nowadays? Solid linkage or a cable from handle to latch?

greybeard":39si91jv said:
Manual locks and windows. I can't do much with it right now because of risk of cuts on GM's notoriously sharp edges on their stamped steel doors but I need to. I went to get out of the truck last week and the handle just came up with nothing happening with the door latch itself...like something has come loose. Have to reach out the window and open it with outside door handle..pita if it's raining. What's inside those GM doors nowadays? Solid linkage or a cable from handle to latch?

Pita cable that breaks I had the same issue first cable I changed 2nd time I used a bike cable and crimped it between the two broken cables 5 minute repair that way

greybeard":3a77f5fr said:

Buy a new truck tight wad problem solved.

greybeard":k60h8dwb said:

We have a repair manual, which includes that year. Shall I look that up for you?

Caustic Burno":1rwi8269 said:
greybeard":1rwi8269 said:

Buy a new truck tight wad problem solved.

Have less than 100K on this one CB it's just gettin broke in good. It spends more time on grass than it does on pavement and always has. Beat up so bad on the outside I wouldn't get much for trade-in and I don't need a truck note.

Workinonit Farm, Thank you, but I did find my owner's manual and Chilton book for the truck. From Youtube, it appears there is a cable from the handle to the latch that breaks and OEM replacement part is pretty expensive but there is an aftermarket kit for about $50. It's a known problem with 07-2011 GM trucks and some SUVs. However, in some instances, it's the handle assy itself that is broke. I just won't know until I get in there.

Latest posts