Affirmative Action at it's finest

Help Support CattleToday:

Douglas

Reaction score
From an email i just recieved. I know little about this 8a firm, but these are generally set up to benefit from military set asides. $45 Million in construction contracts at Seymour Johnson Air Force base in Golsboro N.C.

INTRODUCTION TO NATIONAL NICC JV, LLC

National NICC JV, LLC (National NICC) is a joint venture between Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. (Centennial) and North Island Corporation (North Island).

North Island is an Alaskan Native 8(a) Corporation. North Island is owned by Nunivak Island Mekoryuk Alaska (NIMA) Corporation, a private Alaskan Native-owned corporation representing the business interests of the Cup'ig Eskimos from Nunivak Island. As a part of its growth process, North Island entered the Small Business Administration's Mentor/ Protégé program and chose Centennial as a mentor to aid in the development of formal processes and procedures; identify, recruit, hire, and retain qualified personnel; joint venture on construction job order, SABER, IDIQ, multiple award, and select lump-sum projects together with financing and bonding support for these requirements; and supply referrals and references for subcontractor resources, banking, bonding, risk management, and human resources.

Centennial was formed in 1991 and grew over the years to become a premier provider of job order contract, SABER, and other IDIQ construction services. The firm wanted to give back to the industry, especially in a way that would promote healthy competition that would strengthen the industry. Centennial researched opportunities to assist deserving smaller disadvantaged firms interested in this work.

Centennial's management concluded that the mentor/protégé relationship offered the best opportunity to share their experience and expertise in IDIQ and JOC procurement, training, management, and contract administration with smaller firms

Don't know much about that one but when I contract hay for anyone I always quote my prices based on the Davis-Bacon Act. I have yet to find any takers so I just cut my own hay but maybe I need to hire an eskimo to help me and then the work will surely come.

Jogeephus":1qpuojbg said:
Don't know much about that one but when I contract hay for anyone I always quote my prices based on the Davis-Bacon Act. I have yet to find any takers so I just cut my own hay but maybe I need to hire an eskimo to help me and then the work will surely come.

That is about .25 Million/bale--right? Seems only fair to me.

john250":q7fl541t said:
Jogeephus":q7fl541t said:

That is about .25 Million/bale--right? Seems only fair to me.

Exactly. According to the law and DOL's figures on the prevailiing wages in this area this is correct. I think $85/hr to sit on a tractor is reasonable. Maybe a little low. But I think I could come out. I just hope they accept my bid even if it is a bit higher than most cause I'm a minority business. I'm a self employed, non hand-out getting, tax paying, white christian heterosexual married male free of any and all STD's. Heck, looking at it that way I'm not only a minority but I am going the way of the dinosaurs.

I don't think I'll ever forget the time Georgia hosted the olympics and they had a set number of tickets for each state. A person from New Mexico called and asked to buy tickets but the affirmative action hire told the person they would need to call the international ticket sales office cause she only sold tickets to americans. :lol2:

Affirmative Action v. Farm Subsidies, Bank Bailouts and Insurance Bailouts, auto giant bailouts. Exactly what is the difference? Affirmative Action, "they" get the money and the others "we" get money? :shock:

gimpyrancher":10q6801w said:
Affirmative Action v. Farm Subsidies, Bank Bailouts and Insurance Bailouts, auto giant bailouts. Exactly what is the difference? Affirmative Action, "they" get the money and the others "we" get money? :shock:
5 wrongs don't make a right

gimpyrancher":15yipkhw said:

Whose been getting mine then cause I don't get squat?

Jogeephus":3v4vinzt said:
gimpyrancher":3v4vinzt said:

Whose been getting mine then cause I don't get squat?
Just think how little your squat would be if you were single, white, male, no kids and without an entitlement claim. ;-)

That would really be an incentive to work long hours knowing you were going to give it to all the fisherman, basketball players and porch loungers our government so fervently dotes on.

Latest posts