fence tips and tricks

Help Support CattleToday:

Gotta hand it to you.that's the way to do it..
The beeping noise is never bad or hard to get rid of....kinda like the noisy lifters in an old Ford flathead...just turn the radio up a little louder.
Or if just watching it being done.... turn it into one continuous tone...

greybeard":1ww3z8ex said:
The beeping noise is never bad or hard to get rid of....kinda like the noisy lifters in an old Ford flathead...just turn the radio up a little louder.

My luck if I disconnect the beeper I'll back over some dumbazz who didn't notice the big yellow chunk of iron coming at him . And be sued for disabling safety equipment.

Maybe when farm sends me that little flashing light.......

Yep....since you work in the public domain and have employees, it's probably best you keep all the safety stuff.
(I need to get one for my wife's car.......but it needs to work in both fwd and reverse..)
I only back into immovable objects like trees......and tractor radiators....while they're still bolted to and attached to running tractors.......

callmefence":tncb1fho said:
ddd75":tncb1fho said:
i bet that beeping gets old.. real fast..

It's like all the bullshyt that falls out of your on a daily basis......you learn to ignore it..... ;-)
must suck to have so much jealousy.

what is the best way to splice barb wire together when repair it? I have been using splice it brand crimps but Iam having some of them fail over time. The wire is breaking at the crimp. A lot of times Iam fixing a short stretch of wire pulling it back together with a goldenrod.

callmefence":2k511d18 said:
greybeard":2k511d18 said:

My luck if I disconnect the beeper I'll back over some dumbazz who didn't notice the big yellow chunk of iron coming at him . And be sued for disabling safety equipment.

It's due in on the container Monday at noon. ;-) Hang them rolls off the right side and drive yonder ways in frontwards gear. Easier to get to a corner/end, and if something snags and breaks, no wire headed back at you in the cab. And, you can see where you're going. We all know how senior citizens get about putting in the effort to look behind them. :lol:

pricefarm":3b1sx41q said:
what is the best way to splice barb wire together when repair it? I have been using splice it brand crimps but Iam having some of them fail over time. The wire is breaking at the crimp. A lot of times Iam fixing a short stretch of wire pulling it back together with a goldenrod.

That sounds like a wire problem to me. Old brittle wire, I'm guessing? Try Gripples or tying it if the wire is still in decent shape, but if the wire is used up, it's used up. We have crimps made just for barbed wire, and no falures like you are having unless the wire is done.

Farm Fence Solutions":24niuyu7 said:
callmefence":24niuyu7 said:
greybeard":24niuyu7 said:

It's due in on the container Monday at noon. ;-) Hang them rolls off the right side and drive yonder ways in frontwards gear. Easier to get to a corner/end, and if something snags and breaks, no wire headed back at you in the cab. And, you can see where you're going. We all know how senior citizens get about putting in the effort to look behind them. :lol:
It's been tried.. the narrower we keep it the better. .. the constant threat of flying Barbwire keeps things interesting. Makes the day go faster.

Farm Fence Solutions":14ywoz35 said:
greybeard":14ywoz35 said:
"made by foreigners and they......." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. Same folks that brought you the HT slick wire you so love.

Perfect example...good product coiled up like a dam rope. Like making really good Barbwire and wrapping it up around some cheap lumber.........some day they'll get it figured out.

Been following this form for the last week or two, learned a ton, would have learned a lot more but the Image's don't come up for me, just says can't connect. Just finished a 1/4 mile of 5 strand barb wire along a road , lot more to do, using Red Brand 15.5 HT cause I didn't know any better, but does seem to work. Got 27 more rolls to use up then maybe try something different. Using big hedge 10-12ft 15-18" at bottom for corners, pipe looks better and I'm sure it is but got hedge and no pipe. Keep the tips coming.

klm3030":25leamx9 said:
Been following this form for the last week or two, learned a ton, would have learned a lot more but the Image's don't come up for me, just says can't connect. Just finished a 1/4 mile of 5 strand barb wire along a road , lot more to do, using Red Brand 15.5 HT cause I didn't know any better, but does seem to work. Got 27 more rolls to use up then maybe try something different. Using big hedge 10-12ft 15-18" at bottom for corners, pipe looks better and I'm sure it is but got hedge and no pipe. Keep the tips coming.

For smaller jobs and one man building this tool works great. (Full disclosure, my father invented it back in the 90's. The patent expired years ago so there is no financial benefit here anymore.)

Full fence job start to finish. Sorry I don't have the fast forward capability farm does.....
9:16 am 37 miles from the house. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the property owner since I sold the job over the phone.... never been here.

10:40 all pipe drove and braces being built.

Post driver laying on the ground..means all the iron is in.

Unrolling Barbwire.....12:41
Customer showed up and we talked about 30 minutes on lowline Angus vs miniherefords........... :roll:

2:37........done

We did start at 7:30 cleaning the previous day's mess off two trucks and trailers. Had to load materials for this little job of 984' and plug a tire......so 6 hours. Including set-up and windshield time.....

Latest posts