Looks like new fenders and bigger new tires on the old Bota. :lol:

Farm Fence Solutions":v54fbe6z said:
fence_it":v54fbe6z said:
https://imgur.com/xsQ2nY2

New pounder for them big posts.

You get her all operational? That'll beat the chit out of the ol' Shaver! :D

Lol yeah. Big boy tractor for the big boy pounder. :lol:

Pounded through the gravel no problem, got about 4ft down until we hit rock. The 'ol man was impressed.

We are having one issue. The main ram, that raises and lowers the hammer, is getting jammed up and twisting. Any ideas? The rope and the pulleys are free. Once we started pounding, the hammer wouldn't lift up, had to take the forklift and manually lift up the hammer which got it going again. Its like the ram just binds up for some reason. Kind of a head scratcher for us. (To be honest we really don't know what the heck we're doing with a pounder like this) :D

fence_it":3anbe1su said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3anbe1su said:
fence_it":3anbe1su said:
https://imgur.com/xsQ2nY2

New pounder for them big posts.

Pounded through the gravel no problem, got about 4ft down until we hit rock. The 'ol man was impressed.

We are having one issue. The main ram, that raises and lowers the hammer, is getting jammed up and twisting. Any ideas? The rope and the pulleys are free. Once we started pounding, the hammer wouldn't lift up, had to take the forklift and manually lift up the hammer which got it going again. Its like the ram just binds up for some reason. Kind of a head scratcher for us. (To be honest we really don't know what the heck we're doing with a pounder like this) :D

She'll eat the grease. When you think you need more hydraulic pressure, start with a tub of grease and some latex gloves. Or, the mast is bent. If that is the case, it's about a week of he!! and a whole bunch of torch gas to bring her back to square. There will be about a dozen more grease zerks after you've found them "all". How many Krugerrands you got wrapped up in the new rig? And when do we get a profile view so we know what ya got?!? I'm not really an azz man, let's see what's up front!

Farm Fence Solutions":zdrt2g37 said:
fence_it":zdrt2g37 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":zdrt2g37 said:

She'll eat the grease. When you think you need more hydraulic pressure, start with a tub of grease and some latex gloves. Or, the mast is bent. If that is the case, it's about a week of he!! and a whole bunch of torch gas to bring her back to square. There will be about a dozen more grease zerks after you've found them "all". How many Krugerrands you got wrapped up in the new rig? And when do we get a profile view so we know what ya got?!? I'm not really an azz man, let's see what's up front!

Crap, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I pressure washed all the grease and crude off of it so its dry as a bone. Guy we bought it from said to use hydraulic fluid on the mast. I got to take some more pictures, just got it plumbed up yesterday!

fence_it":24whhsta said:
Farm Fence Solutions":24whhsta said:
fence_it":24whhsta said:

Crap, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I pressure washed all the grease and crude off of it so its dry as a bone. Guy we bought it from said to use hydraulic fluid on the mast. I got to take some more pictures, just got it plumbed up yesterday!

Thin grease in the summer, bar oil in the winter. They won't run dry.

greybeard":deoagjoz said:
Farm Fence Solutions":deoagjoz said:
callmefence":deoagjoz said:
And fence tips and tricks makes 100 pages......RIP fenceman.....

We ought to have a memorial service of some kind. Cold beer and dead hog kind of affair.
We gonna start calling you 'Doohickey'....

If you're talking to farm I suggest inspector gadget.

callmefence":3p36lnf7 said:
greybeard":3p36lnf7 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3p36lnf7 said:
We ought to have a memorial service of some kind. Cold beer and dead hog kind of affair.

Farm Fence Solutions LLC
13 hours ago
Fine job, but everybody knows that those chain strainer dohickies are just a fad. They'll never catch on. Ha!

greybeard":350u7272 said:
callmefence":350u7272 said:
greybeard":350u7272 said:

Farm Fence Solutions LLC
13 hours ago
Fine job, but everybody knows that those chain strainer dohickies are just a fad. They'll never catch on. Ha!

I can't imagine the boredom that you must be fighting. Lol

It's been pouring rain since early this morning, but all I did was follow someone's link a little further up this thread....kinda hard to miss your comment since it was the only one and your name is right there......

greybeard":35tbqyjy said:
It's been pouring rain since early this morning, but all I did was follow someone's link a little further up this thread....kinda hard to miss your comment since it was the only one and your name is right there......

If you had Kaiwaka rain gear, you wouldn't be stuck indoors. ;-)

Latest posts