Long range shooters?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":jyw9hb37 said:
Pretty sure I can hook you up with a job in west TX if you want to work a lot of hours and make a lot of money. No time for cows though.
How many is a lot of hours and how much is a lot of money?

kenny thomas":3ptyc7u4 said:
70 to 80 hours a week. $150,000 If you can show up and do anything like drive a machine or truck. More if you have any skills.
What kind of machine? What is the job exactly?

ez14.":ij6xpcpc said:
kenny thomas":ij6xpcpc said:
70 to 80 hours a week. $150,000 If you can show up and do anything like drive a machine or truck. More if you have any skills.
Gas, oil and related pipeline activity. West TX is booming. Got a friend and CT member there. I can PM you his number if you want to talk to him.

kenny thomas":viibojpz said:
ez14.":viibojpz said:
kenny thomas":viibojpz said:
Gas, oil and related pipeline activity. West TX is booming. Got a friend and CT member there. I can PM you his number if you want to talk to him.
I'll have to think about that. Would that be 51 or 52 weeks a year? (Not really much different hours then I've been working only 7X the pay)

So if I head down your way to go shooting any chance I could work part of the day for you for room and board well I'm down there? (I have this idea of finding different ranches and stuff to work for for a week or two at a time for room and board and just traveling around a little bit like that)

Ez,

I have a 6.5 × 284 Win. That is the 284 Winchester necked down to 6.5 mm. My rifle is a Cooper Montanan. Precision handloading is essential in long range benchrest shooting. Most shooters use Lapua brass and bullets or other custom made components.

If you are planning a hunting trip to Wyoming or Colorado, you will certainly have an opportunity for long range shooting. However, I would not shoot big game at any range over 400 yards and to kill elk at that range humanely, you should use a rifle in the 300 Winchester Magnum class with well constructed bullets.

Find somewhere to shoot prairie dogs, way more fun than shooting paper.
Kenny, Larry B needs some good help especially with his hip replacement coming up. He'd have his fill of cows then.

Bright Raven":157ri3s0 said:
Ez,

I have a 6.5 × 284 Win. That is the 284 Winchester necked down to 6.5 mm. My rifle is a Cooper Montanan. Precision handloading is essential in long range benchrest shooting. Most shooters use Lapua brass and bullets or other custom made components.

If you are planning a hunting trip to Wyoming or Colorado, you will certainly have an opportunity for long range shooting. However, I would not shoot big game at any range over 400 yards and to kill elk at that range humanely, you should use a rifle in the 300 Winchester Magnum class with well constructed bullets.
the hunting trip would be for coyote

True Grit Farms":2v8e75qy said:
I have been thinking about that

True Grit Farms":x6lt3soq said:
ez14.":x6lt3soq said:
True Grit Farms":x6lt3soq said:
I have been thinking about that
If you get down this way look us up. We always have something going on, and eating and cooking is our strong suit.
What do you have to shoot around there?

ez14.":1rqmcxug said:
Bright Raven":1rqmcxug said:
Ez,

You don't have to go to Colorado or Wyoming to hunt coyotes. :cboy:

I believe there are more coyotes here than there are in Wyoming. I will add, hunting success out there is much higher. Game calls work well and you can see them coming on those vast prairies.

Bright Raven":3akgny0y said:
ez14.":3akgny0y said:
Bright Raven":3akgny0y said:
Ez,

I believe there are more coyotes here than there are in Wyoming. I will add, hunting success out there is much higher. Game calls work well and you can see them coming on those vast prairies.
I could find coyotes around here to hunt. But it is the wide open prairies that interest me. (And higher quality fur)

True Grit Farms":2b7rpygf said:
ez14.":2b7rpygf said:
True Grit Farms":2b7rpygf said:
If you get down this way look us up. We always have something going on, and eating and cooking is our strong suit.
What do you have to shoot around there?
A lot of freeloaders and deadbeats.
Do you have a bounty on those? :lol:

ez14.":37vno4k3 said:
Bright Raven":37vno4k3 said:
ez14.":37vno4k3 said:

I could find coyotes around here to hunt. But it is the wide open prairies that interest me. (And higher quality fur)

You better hurry on fur quality. Coyotes get "rubbed" in January and February as breeding season gets in full swing. You will see fur deterioration starting in the shoulders. By March 1, they have lost their prime.

Bright Raven":28i6ekwn said:
ez14.":28i6ekwn said:
Bright Raven":28i6ekwn said:

You better hurry on fur quality. Coyotes get "rubbed" in January and February as breeding season gets in full swing. You will see fur deterioration starting in the shoulders. By March 1, they have lost their prime.
I know I won't be going at an ideal time of year but it should still be fun

Latest posts