Poll "Messy Workbench" Feb contest

Help Support CattleToday:

Who has the best (or worse?) messy work bench?

Votes: 21 50.0%

Votes: 3 7.1%

Votes: 9 21.4%

Votes: 3 7.1%

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
I guess I got a bit intimidated with all your bragging and never got the right moment to get the photo. Just as well, there is one photo there that will be hard to beat I reckon. Some nice tool boxes there.

Ken

Steering boxes can be really tricky, i did a ferguson, when i opened up there was ball bearings everywhere, took a bit of head scratching to put back together before i realised i needed a new column.

My first choice was number #1...but i changed it to #6....at least i can work on the edge of the table and have room to stand in picture #1, that vise is going to come in handy...in picture #6 you can't get to the table to stand close enough to do any work and there's no space left to push things or work on the table. I'd be working on top of the fireplace in #6.
#3, had nice equipment and strong tables....I could work to clean that one up quickly and make good use of all his abandoned tooling. So #3 is the best and cleanest...quick fixer upper.

Steering boxes can be really tricky, i did a ferguson, when i opened up there was ball bearings everywhere, took a bit of head scratching to put back together before i realised i needed a new column.
this one was really simple, but it had previously been really blown up.. broken pitman arm, had to cut everything off, then build it back up with weld, redrill the hole and remake the pin that goes onto the worm gear... I'll see how successful I was at hardening and heat treating it! 1645995059692.png
@Nesikep , nice vise action...but even nicer strong steel table...... you can do some real pounding on that table and rebuild engines, heads and transmissions. I can tell that wasn't the table's original purpose...appears like it's performing light duty today w/ the electrical strip.
That table was from a mill where they glued cut ends of 2x4's together to make a whole piece, the side you work from used to flip down, I think they piled the cut ends onto it... I also have a 4x4 welding table made from 1/2" plate.. it's piled full of stuff as well
You stole the sign from the JAIL???
That's hard core right there....
HAHAHAHA
RAIL!!... it's a handy piece of 1/8th aluminum sheet I cut stuff out of here and there.. here's one of their locomotives.. since then it got sold to CN and shut down.. GRRRR
1645995389356.png

Latest posts