TexasBred

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of cougars in Washington. Years of working in the woods, running a professional trapline, hunting and basically living outdoors I have only seen 6. Only one of those that I was able to watch at all. The rest were just a flash crossing a road in front of me. I have seen lots of tracks in the snow or at mud puddles. It is indeed very rare to see one.

backhoeboogie":1d58rugs said:
farmguy":1d58rugs said:
We have seen cougars rarely in central Minnesota. Pics on trail cam and even article and dead one in Alexandria paper

But cowgirl's don't leave tracks. They're special. They sort of float along in the air.

Got that right and Texas is one big game camera. Food plots and feeders attracting game are big business.
Millions of cameras covering the state and virtually none of the sittings are verifiable by TPWD biologists.
Here is one of the boogie men.

Caustic Burno":3aiihxj9 said:
backhoeboogie":3aiihxj9 said:
farmguy":3aiihxj9 said:
We have seen cougars rarely in central Minnesota. Pics on trail cam and even article and dead one in Alexandria paper

But cowgirl's don't leave tracks. They're special. They sort of float along in the air.

Got that right and Texas is one big game camera. Food plots and feeders attracting game are big business.
Millions of cameras covering the state and virtually none of the sittings are verifiable by TPWD biologists.

Clearly a Chubacabra.

TennesseeTuxedo":36uv3ao9 said:
Caustic Burno":36uv3ao9 said:
backhoeboogie":36uv3ao9 said:

Clearly a Chubacabra.
Clearly!!!!

If you go to Mexico, Latin America or Puerto Rico and said chubacabra, they wouldn't recognize the term.
outside Tenn, it's always spelled with a 'p', not a 'b'.
'chuba' has no direct translation in Spanish. It's a Tibetian word.
'Chupa' (chupar) tho, means suck or 'suck it'.
'Cabra' is Spanish for goat.
Chupacabra=goatsucker, which is how the chupacabra legend began.

greybeard":1kdfe8mr said:
If you go to Mexico, Latin America or Puerto Rico and said chubacabra, they wouldn't recognize the term.
outside Tenn, it's always spelled with a 'p', not a 'b'.
'chuba' has no direct translation in Spanish. It's a Tibetian word.
'Chupa' (chupar) tho, means suck or 'suck it'.
'Cabra' is Spanish for goat.
Chupacabra=goatsucker, which is how the chupacabra legend began.

Well then, chupa-Cabra.

Or chupa for short.

I talked to our vet the other day and people are getting them on their game cameras. I don't talk to many people, so, I wouldn't know what others are getting on their game cameras around us. I did get a text from a friend who lives a few miles from us that got a bear on his and it was really close to his house. I had the picture somewhere but I think its in my old phone, but I've never seen a bear so does that mean they don't exist. I know a few people who have seen them and they saw them in the same area. I keep my eyes peeled in hopes I do some day, but have yet to see one.

I live in Wood County around Lake Fork. Reputable people in the area have seen Cougars. One said he run up on a mother and two kittens. I have lost new born calves without a trace. Was it a cougar Who knows. Cowgirl8 has seen a cougar and I believe her. Pretty easy for grown men to bully a woman on this board regardless of her posts. Have some respect.

hurleyjd":2h4r8jhn said:
I live in Wood County around Lake Fork. Reputable people in the area have seen Cougars. One said he run up on a mother and two kittens. I have lost new born calves without a trace. Was it a cougar Who knows. Cowgirl8 has seen a cougar and I believe her. Pretty easy for grown men to bully a woman on this board regardless of her posts. Have some respect.

She sees one every week.
Get your buddies to get a TPWD biologist to confirm all these cat sightings.
Other than that just grown ups seeing the boogie man.

Caustic Burno":tjtscapr said:
hurleyjd":tjtscapr said:

She sees one every week.
Get your buddies to get a TPWD biologist to confirm all these cat sightings.
Other than that just grown ups seeing the boogie man.
Thank you Hurleyjd.... and CB, I have never said I see one every week..I've seen 3 over the past 30 years I've lived here.. possibly got one on my game camera. Lost a calf, vet confirmed, once...What does happen regularly is anytime I post, some SmartA makes a cougar comment....lol....maybe you're confused.. Why would I need to get a TPWD to confirm? There are cougars out here, confirmed....

hurleyjd":2zxt88d8 said:
Look up. Cougars/Mountain Lions will often hide their kill in trees - that's where one of our neighbors found 2 calves. On the flip side, they'll also bury their kill.

Hate to say it but Cowgirl8 is right. There is both Black Bears and Big Cats in the county.

Lucky":3oi9at7m said:
Hate to say it but Cowgirl8 is right. There is both Black Bears and Big Cats in the county.

Y'all need to contact the TPWD so they can confirm all these hallucinations.
The black bear map is more sparse than the cat map.
They are turning the dang things loose here and they are not surviving.

https://m.facebook.com/EastTexasBlackBe ... 13/?type=3

10k fine for shooting a black bear, the TPWD are serious about the bears.

Till I see one or one turns up on a camera I don't believe anything I hear. We've had bears and cougars running around here for years. I haven't seen a track of either animal and no pictures on the game cameras, maybe tomorrow. I only have 5+ miles of plowed up roads that I patrol a few times a week looking for people tracks. So if there's a bear or panther running our woods I would think that I'd see sign. The mind is a powerful tool.

tater74 said:
I'm confused!
I thought this thread was about TexasBred.
Now we are discussing whether or not some dingbat saw a cougar?[/quote

You must have learned to be insulting from Donald Trump

What i'm seeing more now is otters. And not just in ponds, randomly in areas where there isn't a pond. May be that there is standing water on the roads and they get carried away catching frogs and stray away from their pond. But yesterday I saw one for the second time in a month on the road, husband saw it too.. Glad i'm seeing more, I like otters.... Daughter is rehabilitating a orphaned one..its adorable..
One time we saw 2 on the road run over....Husband said, 'They otter of looked both ways'..... he's a funny guy
I'm going to put some game cameras back out today and then forget about them. When I put them out I obsess about them and want to see the pictures every day....

you will learn to hate otters. All crappie fishing and bass fishing and channel cat fishing--------gone.
Found out this year they had cleaned a 5 acre private lake that we fish in that is known for it's crappie. 2 days, not one bite. gs

Status
Not open for further replies.