TexasBred

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
plumber_greg":32af1e96 said:
you will learn to hate otters. All crappie fishing and bass fishing and channel cat fishing--------gone.
Found out this year they had cleaned a 5 acre private lake that we fish in that is known for it's crappie. 2 days, not one bite. gs

Your preaching to the choir here wiped out four catfish ponds.
I gave up on restocking.
I had Mc Donald drive though for otters.

hurleyjd":2us88hmd said:
I live in Wood County around Lake Fork. Reputable people in the area have seen Cougars. One said he run up on a mother and two kittens. I have lost new born calves without a trace. Was it a cougar Who knows. Cowgirl8 has seen a cougar and I believe her. Pretty easy for grown men to bully a woman on this board regardless of her posts. Have some respect.

We have mountain lions around. They leave tracks. The only one I have seen in the wild was in '79

Respect is earned sir. Woman or man its just a keyboard. There are many here I have a great deal of respect for. But someone needs help, "call a vet" is not what they were looking for. Simple fixes on off hours and her response is constantly, "Call a vet". "My cows are out" "well call a vet" type of thing. "I've got a flat on the trailer" - "Call a vet"

It is hard for me to respect her. Mostly I just refrain from commenting or reading her jargon.

backhoeboogie":3g6hbj0c said:
We have mountain lions around. They leave tracks. The only one I have seen in the wild was in '79

Respect is earned sir. Woman or man its just a keyboard. There are many here I have a great deal of respect for. But someone needs help, "call a vet" is not what they were looking for. Simple fixes on off hours and her response is constantly, "Call a vet". "My cows are out" "well call a vet" type of thing. "I've got a flat on the trailer" - "Call a vet"

It is hard for me to respect her. Mostly I just refrain from commenting or reading her jargon.

I agree. If someone needs help, put some effort into giving them your best! Having said that, there are some guys on here who are just as bad. For example, a beginner maybe asks a naive question about taking care of a cow and someone says, "Grow a set of balls", etc. Etc. I know you have seen it. Everyone has. With some, it is a continuous pattern.

backhoeboogie":221vlcpe said:

You cant leave tracks over leaves and grass....not hard to understand. I suppose that if i checked every little patch of hard as concrete ant hills that maybe for some reason a cat may have walked over it in the open, but as far as our forest go, no bare dirt....
And, most questions i suggest the person ask a vet are the majority of the questions asking about a bottle calf getting weak. Most people dont know that you can take a stool sample to the vet and not only get a pretty good diagnosis, but you get the exact medications you need to treat it. Basically, they have to go get something anyway, why not the right thing. Scoured calves can have many things that cause it, bacterial, viral and worms. Treat it with the wrong medication will be the death for sure of the calf...Most times the person comes here is because they dont have a way to get the calf to the vet...so, telling them all they need to do is get a stool sample is all they need to know, like i said, most time they'll have to run to town to get medication anyway.... Now, unless i'm wrong and you're so sure you can diagnose an illness so accurately via what a random person can convey over a paragraph online, dang you're good....I'm not that good...in fact, any time i get a calf with the squirts, i find a sandwich bag and stand behind the calf and wait....then off to the vet. So, thats my suggestion, just like anyone elses...whether you like it or not...

Bright Raven":3dwyogj3 said:
backhoeboogie":3dwyogj3 said:

I agree. If someone needs help, put some effort into giving them your best! Having said that, there are some guys on here who are just as bad. For example, a beginner maybe asks a naive question about taking care of a cow and someone says, "Grow a set of balls", etc. Etc. I know you have seen it. Everyone has. With some, it is a continuous pattern.

you're spot on there.

TennesseeTuxedo":34jdniqq said:
Caustic Burno":34jdniqq said:
backhoeboogie":34jdniqq said:
But cowgirl's don't leave tracks. They're special. They sort of float along in the air.

Got that right and Texas is one big game camera. Food plots and feeders attracting game are big business.
Millions of cameras covering the state and virtually none of the sittings are verifiable by TPWD biologists.
Here is one of the boogie men.

Clearly a Chubacabra.
CB don't know a dog from a cat.

cowgirl8":3q209nh7 said:
backhoeboogie":3q209nh7 said:

You cant leave tracks over leaves and grass....not hard to understand. I suppose that if i checked every little patch of hard as concrete ant hills that maybe for some reason a cat may have walked over it in the open, but as far as our forest go, no bare dirt....
And, most questions i suggest the person ask a vet are the majority of the questions asking about a bottle calf getting weak. Most people dont know that you can take a stool sample to the vet and not only get a pretty good diagnosis, but you get the exact medications you need to treat it. Basically, they have to go get something anyway, why not the right thing. Scoured calves can have many things that cause it, bacterial, viral and worms. Treat it with the wrong medication will be the death for sure of the calf...Most times the person comes here is because they dont have a way to get the calf to the vet...so, telling them all they need to do is get a stool sample is all they need to know, like i said, most time they'll have to run to town to get medication anyway.... Now, unless i'm wrong and you're so sure you can diagnose an illness so accurately via what a random person can convey over a paragraph online, dang you're good....I'm not that good...in fact, any time i get a calf with the squirts, i find a sandwich bag and stand behind the calf and wait....then off to the vet. So, thats my suggestion, just like anyone elses...whether you like it or not...
...just my two cents.....

tater74":2sm0r8rr said:
I'm confused!
I thought this thread was about TexasBred.
Now we are discussing whether or not some dingbat saw a cougar?
Personal attacks and name calling will get you banned.

TexasBred":2flqsky4 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2flqsky4 said:
Caustic Burno":2flqsky4 said:
Got that right and Texas is one big game camera. Food plots and feeders attracting game are big business.
Millions of cameras covering the state and virtually none of the sittings are verifiable by TPWD biologists.
Here is one of the boogie men.

Clearly a Chubacabra.
CB don't know a dog from a cat.

At least I am not hallucinating.

Y'all are flat earthers too. Lol. The earth is round. I've flown around it so I've seen it. Oh wait or was I hallucinating lol

TennesseeTuxedo":2nhlno13 said:
cowgirl8":2nhlno13 said:
Y'all are flat earthers too. Lol. The earth is round. I've flown around it so I've seen it. Oh wait or was I hallucinating lol

Amelia? Is that you?
I flew commercial to Hong Kong once...i'll never fly that far again ever, may never fly again.

cowgirl8":3po9c581 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3po9c581 said:
cowgirl8":3po9c581 said:

Amelia? Is that you?
I flew commercial to Hong Kong once...i'll never fly that far again ever, may never fly again.

Longest Flight was New York city to Johannesburg. 12 hours. Killer.

The hong kong one was over 20... What boggles my mind is 75% of the people never moved...I stood most of the time with the hand full of people like me.. How on earth can someone sit for 20 hours, they had to of taken some drugs or something.. That would kill me....
One time I flew to London and when we got there my sister's legs swelled and turned red. We caught a taxi and went to a hospital. This is one time I wished I had asked to see her feet. I remember right before we landed she took out a old tube of hand lotion and rubbed it on her legs. SHe spent hours in the emergency room and was diagnosed with allergic reaction to something....Her feet were normal. If she had clots, her feet would have been effected to. Not sure why it took hours for them to figure that out.

Flew from Cherry Point N.C. to Okinawa, then on to DaNang the next day.
Refuel stops in Alaska and Hawaii, but they wouldn't let us off the plane in Hawaii.

Reversed the trip a year later but with Houston the destination.

I've flown lots of 12 hr helo days, but with frequent ground refuel, load & offload and other 'stops'.

My HK flight had one stop, NY. On the way there I kept my window open so I would stay awake...but, they made me shut it. I nearly blew a fuse, but then, just cooperated. Coming back, the person next to me kept offering me some of the food they were eating. Before I boarded I stopped at Popeyes, yeah in HK airport, and got red beans and rice....big mistake...I'm a nervous flier and that did not sit well with my nervous stomach....

cowgirl8":2zsw2u35 said:
cowgirl8":2zsw2u35 said:
backhoeboogie":2zsw2u35 said:

...just my two cents.....

If you pick a story, stick to it. If you come back next week with differing debate or next month with elements no contained in the original yarn, you destroy your own credibility.

Why are you living on the defensive? Continually? There's a pattern.

It's just an Internet site. This is not life and death acceptance. This is not a 3rd grade social club. The teacher is not going to make me sit at your table.

cowgirl8":1bd3g2dt said:
My HK flight had one stop, NY. On the way there I kept my window open so I would stay awake...but, they made me shut it.

If you flew to Hong Kong with your window open, it took a helluva lot longer than 20 hours.

You are so FOS, it ain't even comical anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts