Walmart Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

LOL
Out all of the problems this country has, Walmart isn't in the top 100. That's just a bizarre thing to say.
Really? Who is one of the biggest supporters of a $15 min wage? Wal-Mart. As they are pushing to get that what are they doing? Putting in self check out so they don't need as many non skilled employees.
They have under cut every Main St USA business out there, eliminating the competition.
They aren't dumb. They have a plan, and it's working very well.

Really? Who is one of the biggest supporters of a $15 min wage? Wal-Mart. As they are pushing to get that what are they doing? Putting in self check out so they don't need as many non skilled employees.
They have under cut every Main St USA business out there, eliminating the competition.
What's wrong with a business buying equipment to increase efficiency.
What's wrong with a business outcompeting their competition.

The attitude that businesses should hold back to benefit less successful competition is the same as everyone gets a trophy. You gotta have winners and losers.

Exactly, they are large enough to buy cheaper than and undercut other stores out of business. Once they have about taken out their competition, the consumers have little if any options and they can then manage as cheaply as they can, ie, self checkouts, and lack of motivated customer service.

What's wrong with a business buying equipment to increase efficiency.
What's wrong with a business outcompeting their competition.

The attitude that businesses should hold back to benefit less successful competition is the same as everyone gets a trophy. You gotta have winners and losers.
I see your point to a point. The problem is when companies get so big there is no chance of the common man competing against them ever again. The bigger things become the less local everything becomes. It's like calling customer service for most anything these days. If you are lucky enough to get through to a customer representative after an hour of hearing annoying music and advertisements the person on the other end of the line is probably in another country. Then you get bounced around from one person to another only to have the issue maybe resolved. I owned a paint store years ago and lost a lot of money. No way I could buy supplies and remain competitive when the national chains could sell for less than I could buy wholesale. At that time there were several paint stores in town, now all gone and the big box stores are selling some of the brands that some stores carried.

I see your point to a point. The problem is when companies get so big there is no chance of the common man competing against them ever again. The bigger things become the less local everything becomes. It's like calling customer service for most anything these days. If you are lucky enough to get through to a customer representative after an hour of hearing annoying music and advertisements the person on the other end of the line is probably in another country. Then you get bounced around from one person to another only to have the issue maybe resolved. I owned a paint store years ago and lost a lot of money. No way I could buy supplies and remain competitive when the national chains could sell for less than I could buy wholesale. At that time there were several paint stores in town, now all gone and the big box stores are selling some of the brands that some stores carried.
I see your frustrations.
But Walmart was built from the ground up by one man. It's not impossible to do. It's just hard.
And if it was easy everyone would be doing it. You never lose until you give up and most folks have more quit than try.
If Walmart buys automatic check outs and cuts some minimum wage jobs ..how many manufacturing jobs get work to build those machines. Jobs to install and service them?

Do you think a business should be hated for being successful???

How so???? He's a ball player right?
The most successful football player of all time and hated by the fans of 30
out of 32 teams.
Handsome, athletic, all american boy married to a super model wife for 12 yrs,
sold their spare mansion in Italy for 34 million a few months ago.
by all reports one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet - heck I'm so jealous,
I hate him too. :) - lol

The most successful football player of all time and hated by the fans of 30
out of 32 teams.
Handsome, athletic, all american boy married to a super model wife for 12 yrs,
sold their spare mansion in Italy for 34 million a few months ago.
by all reports one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet - heck I'm so jealous,
I hate him too. :) - lol
That's not fair at all ... they won't let me play.

One point of view - Why would anyone think that there should be limits placed on how successful a person or company can be? Or how efficient they can be? Or how many points they can score? We should put our emphasis on building people and groups UP, not holding them DOWN because others can't achieve their level of success. One of the problems the Soviet Union faced (so I am told) was a lack of motivation of their comrades. Why should they care or put forth an effort if that did not have a return? If the doctor and the trash collector make the same money, they just sit in their government furnished housing, hoping that the grocery store will have some soup bones and liquor so that they can continue their miserable life. At least that is what I remember reading, which contributed to their downfall. If there are no incentives to improve and be successful, there is little chance of improvements or success. A 75% marginal tax rate would not encourage most to seek more success.
Another point of view - I worked just as hard as that other guy. He has more than I do. It's not fair. I hope Robin Hood comes soon and takes it from him and shares it with me.

I am still trying to understand what information or update HDRider wants to know about Prime Pursuits, 44 Farms, and Wal-Mart.

The American Rancher on RFD-TV did a show about Prime Pursuits & 44 Farms. To get started you need to:
-have an Angus based cow herd
-raise enough calves for a semi load
-buy your bulls or AI sires from 44 Farms

There are probably a few other hoops to jump through.
What is the volume? Is it rising?

Has it helped or hurt US beef producers?

I've got some more info in a file. When it comes to posting it I don't know wtf I'm doing. Sorry. Maybe I'll figure it out, prolly not though.....
Can you not copy from that file and paste it here? I have a hard time doing that with a phone, but usually easy with a PC

I see your frustrations.
But Walmart was built from the ground up by one man. It's not impossible to do. It's just hard.
And if it was easy everyone would be doing it. You never lose until you give up and most folks have more quit than try.
If Walmart buys automatic check outs and cuts some minimum wage jobs ..how many manufacturing jobs get work to build those machines. Jobs to install and service them?

Fence, what you are saying is true. My point is that one company's success likely comes at the demise of many others, and in most cases the consumers come up short too in many ways. When it comes to the large box stores it's a trade off, cheaper prices vs lesser quality products in a lot of situations,. Customer service is a lot different as well. Currently, the only business that is still in our downtown at the time my store was, is a hardware store that changed hands a few years ago. They have knowledgeable and helpful employees that can fix you up with what you need. At the big box stores many of the employees have no idea what products the store carries or any comprehension of what the uses are. They are fine if you know exactly what you are looking for, but if you have any questions it's likely too bad. That downtown hardware store is struggling and the last option in town besides Walmart, Lowes, Rural King.

Can you not copy from that file and paste it here? I have a hard time doing that with a phone, but usually easy with a PC

Fence, what you are saying is true. My point is that one company's success likely comes at the demise of many others, and in most cases the consumers come up short too in many ways. When it comes to the large box stores it's a trade off, cheaper prices vs lesser quality products in a lot of situations,. Customer service is a lot different as well. Currently, the only business that is still in our downtown at the time my store was, is a hardware store that changed hands a few years ago. They have knowledgeable and helpful employees that can fix you up with what you need. At the big box stores many of the employees have no idea what products the store carries or any comprehension of what the uses are. They are fine if you know exactly what you are looking for, but if you have any questions it's likely too bad. That downtown hardware store is struggling and the last option in town besides Walmart, Lowes, Rural King.
I started to post earlier on a hard ware store in harker hieghts Texas. That's thrived with a home depot practically next door and a lowes across the highway. They've thrived by catering to the professional contractor. They understand the needs of getting prices for a bid and getting the materials loaded in a timely manner. You can email a drawing and they will figure it down to the nails. Then keep the estimate on file for if you win the bid. They have probably benefited from other small business being killed by the box stores.

I started to post earlier on a hard ware store in harker hieghts Texas. That's thrived with a home depot practically next door and a lowes across the highway. They've thrived by catering to the professional contractor. They understand the needs of getting prices for a bid and getting the materials loaded in a timely manner. You can email a drawing and they will figure it down to the nails. Then keep the estimate on file for if you win the bid. They have probably benefited from other small business being killed by the box stores.
There are success stories no doubt, reality is though that they are few and far between. It's different dynamics in different places. In the small towns in the east there are small stores that are making it. Then in the real big cities there's enough people to sustain big stores and some small ones. We are in a town big enough to have the big stores and now that's about it, it's a cookie cutter scene in most similar sized places.

I see your frustrations.

So are you pro packer owned cattle and feed lots?

"Walmart buys automatic check outs and cuts some minimum wage jobs ..how many manufacturing jobs get work to build those machines" Where are those machines made?
I bet when Sam Walton started the majority of the products Wal-Mart sold were manufactured in the USA. Americans buying American made products. But that has all changed, a lot of the the American manufacturing jobs have left the country, but Wal-Mart still sells the manufactured products and is happy to have those unemployed factory workers shop at there stores. They can't afford to shop anywhere else.

I guess I'm just frustrated. Lots of good people have lost their manufacturing jobs through no fault of the own. Wal-Mart is big enough to have the purchasing power to encourage companies to stay in the USA if they chose to.

Latest posts