Whole Cotton Seed

Help Support CattleToday:

Those feeders are like $800. I saw them at our feed store and asked. When the lady told me I started laughing as did she... then she asked me how many I wanted... :lol: The same company sells #40 bags for like $10 to go in the $800 feeders.

You can make a circle out chicken wire and tie it off to a t-post. Pretty simple and cheap.

Only thing that will tear it up is turkeys. The dig thru it to get the seeds. They love it.

I couldn't get our deer hooked on it. It seems to work well out west or deep South Texas but we just have too much green.

Brute 23":3vfr38g9 said:
Those feeders are like $800. I saw them at our feed store and asked. When the lady told me I started laughing as did she... then she asked me how many I wanted... :lol:

You can make a circle out chicken wire and tie it off to a t-post. Pretty simple and cheap.

Only thing that will tear it up is turkeys. The dig thru it to get the seeds. They love it.

Turkeys are not a problem here as in none.
We are going to build some alfalfa feeders as well .
We have got to stop feeding the hogs by either the food source or fencing.
We have to change the supplement we're supplementing the hog herd through corn and protein feeders.

Hogs love alfalfa.

Are you feeding pellet protein right now?

I have tried all the "cheaper" routes but nothing is as easy as the pellets. Every thing else just ends up a pia. If we hit a bad drought I may have to add some thing else if the consumption gets too high it hasn't been unbearable yet.

Brute 23":iah62td7 said:
Hogs love alfalfa.

Are you feeding pellet protein right now?

I have tried all the "cheaper" routes but nothing is as easy as the pellets. Every thing else just ends up a pia. If we hit a bad drought I may have to add some thing else if the consumption gets too high it hasn't been unbearable yet.

Yes this is one of the most stressful times for our does.

Brute 23":moit4j9s said:
I spend more money on groceries for deer and dogs than myself by far.

Its still better than than cocaine and strippers though.

Got to spend it on something.
The thing that impressed me on the alfalfa feeders is there was nothing left for the hogs. Secondly the coons and squirrel weren't shoveling it on the ground for them.

Brute 23":3t847w0o said:

I'm not so sure about that.
How about soy beans? I know the coons and turkey don't eat them.

callmefence":2j5eycad said:
I haven't found that deer like cottonseed over corn.
Only two things I've seen they'll eat over corn. Acorn's and crimson clover

Corn is a waste of time and money here.
Always amazed me how Central Texas deer ran to it and these turn their nose up. It is last choice here, if you want to attract deer here it better be food plots or protein.

kenny thomas":2qyo15sx said:
Brute 23":2qyo15sx said:

Bite your tongue.

Kenny, next time you come to Texas would you take ol' Brute out and buy him a lap dance. I'll pay for half of it. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":bz29l2s6 said:
kenny thomas":bz29l2s6 said:
Brute 23":bz29l2s6 said:

Bite your tongue.

Kenny, next time you come to Texas would you take ol' Brute out and buy him a lap dance. I'll pay for half of it. :lol2: :lol2:

I'm 5 years clean... don't ruin it for me. :kid:

Brute 23":2orxx7up said:
TexasBred":2orxx7up said:
kenny thomas":2orxx7up said:
Bite your tongue.

I'm 5 years clean... don't ruin it for me. :kid:
Good deal, one day at a time.

TexasBred":2k0ce6qn said:
kenny thomas":2k0ce6qn said:
Brute 23":2k0ce6qn said:

Bite your tongue.

I ain't gone home yet so there is still a chance.

Having the first irrigated field for miles seems to be working out pretty good. They are out there every morning and evening. Heck at 5:00 PM last Thursday when we set an all time record high temperature there was at least a dozen of them out there eating in the green.

TexasBred":2p1kl4bx said:
kenny thomas":2p1kl4bx said:
Brute 23":2p1kl4bx said:

Bite your tongue.

I'm loathe to imagine what 1/2 a lap dance might be like............

greybeard":38cdn01r said:
TexasBred":38cdn01r said:
kenny thomas":38cdn01r said:
Bite your tongue.

I'm loathe to imagine what 1/2 a lap dance might be like............
Either your wife shows up or the cops.

Latest posts