Fast food workers

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Are going to walk out today for $15 an hour wagers, I would think that for a fast food chain to make profit, all overhead is figured, then it is determined what to charge the public for their product ,so naturally if labor doubles in price, the price of the product will have to go up to make the same margin of profit, then the public will complain they are charging too much. The volume of sales will go down , so the first thing the Company does to reduce cost is to lay off employees. It has a snow ball effect, each action has a reaction. I am headed out now to my cow herd to protest that they pay me more for taking care of them. :dunce:

I just googled it 150 cities ..... They really must be using their masters education well.

I would love for the fast food chains to agree with 15 bucks an hour. Let the workers cheer for a minute or 2 then inform them of a new requirement of a bachelor's degree to maintain their job.

That what ticks me off about raising minimum wage. Hello companies will have to raise prices to keep their profit margin... Where is the benefit of doing such a thing? I mean thats common sense.

Keep raising the minimum wage and there's no incentive to improve your life through further education, learning new skills,trade, etc.

And yes I feel I can say this, I was one of millions of people who worked at a fast-food joint when I was younger......while going to college......to improve my life.

here and in henrico workin most of the fast food workers now are hispanic and many of my customers ask can their kids have a summer job cause those workers are making a career out of fastfood and leaves alot of the kids no beginner job to go too.

These people don't understand that they are not winning. They throw a fit for $15 an hour. The store raises the cost of a hamburger. Now Im buying a more expensive hamburger. Realize the cost of things has gone up so I raise the cost on my business which produces a product the fast food worker buys so now because he got a raise he also will pay more for the product he buys from me. They accomplished nothing.

They don't realize its not a dollars issue. You have to decide where in the market you are going to be on. People who sell the product or service have better control of what they make in the market than the person saying Welcome to McDonald's.

This is not out fast food workers but about Gander Mountain. Grandson started job there and was very excited. He came up to help me with the hay. Got a call from Gander Mountian and told him to come in. He said I am not scheduled to work today. Person said makes no difference your are to be available when every we call. He told them to call someone else as he had committed to the job he was on now and was two hours away. They fired him. This is the way most part time jobs are.

The burger machine is just waiting for an oppurtunity. The strikes are just an organizing tool for the SEIU, with paid protesters who don't even work at a McD's. The folks at the local McD are extraordinarily pleasant and I'm guessing that while they aren't rich, they are paid well above minimum wage. And, they are payed!

To be honest if every fast place shut down would we really be losing anything
It would probably be a blessing in the long run
How much do they contribute to diabetes, heart disease, obesity and etc
How many of these people inflicted with these ailments pay for their own medical care

How much American beef do they actually sell
How much beef do they import

I won't hardly eat at any of those places and when I do it makes me ill most times
I can go buy a loaf of bread or tortillas and a pkg of lunch meat for less money and feed the stray dog in the parking lot the leftovers for less money

Sunfish":x3p9n005 said:
How many of these people inflicted with these ailments pay for their own medical care

Those people would still be over-eating on all the "wrong" stuff whether the fast-food places were here or not. They would find their "fix" at the local convenience stores, and grocery stores are chock-full of food.

Workinonit Farm":29qj76kj said:
Sunfish":29qj76kj said:

Those people would still be over-eating on all the "wrong" stuff whether the fast-food places were here or not. They would find their "fix" at the local convenience stores, and grocery stores are chock-full of food.

I figure if its not prepared and they have to cook it that will slow them down

Sunfish":3mmunfu5 said:
Workinonit Farm":3mmunfu5 said:
Sunfish":3mmunfu5 said:

I figure if its not prepared and they have to cook it that will slow them down
You yourself said you would buy a pack of tortillas and lunch meat.....that's certainly healthy. Both loaded with preservatives.

TexasBred
You yourself said you would buy a pack of tortillas and lunch meat.....that's certainly healthy. Both loaded with preservatives

True enough the lunch meat probably has enough sodium nitrates to embalm me but at least I don't get the shits

It's not just the people who are working for minimum wage pushing this, it's the unions also. I don't know this for a fact, but I've been told that some of their contracts are tied to the federal minimum wage, so if minimum wages go up then their other workers, who are being paid far above minimum wage, also get an automatic wage increase.

And if the minimum wage does go to $15.00 per hour, they won't have to wait until sales go down to lose their jobs. A lot of them will be laid off immediately.

skyhightree1":1blatrl3 said:
That what ticks me off about raising minimum wage. Hello companies will have to raise prices to keep their profit margin... Where is the benefit of doing such a thing? I mean thats common sense.

Depends what side of the fence you're on. If you are the government and your sole purpose is to feed off the taxpayer like some filthy parasite then raising the minimum wage makes a lot of sense because it will mean more tax revenues for you. You can then promise the very same people you put out of a job more entitlements and they will put you back in office even though you are the very one who took their job away. You gotta remember, the democrats have always been pro-slavery its just that the face of slavery has changed from chains to entitlements.

Jogeephus":19xw7ocb said:
skyhightree1":19xw7ocb said:

Depends what side of the fence you're on. If you are the government and your sole purpose is to feed off the taxpayer like some filthy parasite then raising the minimum wage makes a lot of sense because it will mean more tax revenues for you. You can then promise the very same people you put out of a job more entitlements and they will put you back in office even though you are the very one who took their job away. You gotta remember, the democrats have always been pro-slavery its just that the face of slavery has changed from chains to entitlements.

Well put :tiphat:

Latest posts