Outdoor Kitchen

Help Support CattleToday:

Just curious..........Did you have to get a county building permit for this project and get the plumbing/electric inspected?
I don't have to here, but some counties are more strict about that part.

greybeard":17gifwxj said:
Just curious..........Did you have to get a county building permit for this project and get the plumbing/electric inspected?

We have no permitting here either, except for sewer. You have to pull a permit for sewer, and guess who does that? Alabama Railroad Commission. Splain that to me.

jehosofat":o5wd03bq said:
greybeard":o5wd03bq said:

We have no permitting here either, except for sewer. You have to pull a permit for sewer, and guess who does that? Alabama Railroad Commission. Splain that to me.

This might explain it:
http://www.psc.state.al.us/News/ComHist.html

jehosofat":2po15hpr said:
greybeard":2po15hpr said:

One of the most powerful agencies in Texas is the RRC..Railroad Commission of Texas.
They handle the Oil & Gas sector....

The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC; also sometimes called the Texas Railroad Commission, TRC) is the state agency that regulates the oil and gas industry, gas utilities, pipeline safety, safety in the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) industry, and surface coal and uranium mining. Despite its name, it no longer regulates railroads..

greybeard":1gq0ni0r said:

Collin County is probably one of the most difficult counties in the state to deal with. Along with this kitchen project we have to replace our entire septic system when we only need a lateral line replaced. The reason is there's a little too much clay in our soil. We've had the existing system in the ground since '52 when this house was built and it's worked well until now. The county is making us put in a new aerobic or low pressure system. When I don't have to deal with them is when I'm happiest and I didn't invite them to the kitchen party.

Proof positive that if you have enough concrete trucks and three wheel barrows you can fill a hole. Pad poured and will do the layout tomorrow or Monday.

Huge fan of the water bottle safety devices!

Your verse from St. Luke seems most fitting.

That was a new one on us. I have a large trash can under my other building and when the guy started digging those bottles out we didn't understand. He said that was to protect the kids from cutting their fingers on the rebar edges. Made sense then.

Let's just hope that Luke's message is never tested.

slick4591":a1roczbz said:
I'm looking forward to posting the finished ones.
And I'll be waiting for the invitation in the mailbox telling me I'm invited to the "christening" of this new addition. Looking good there Slick. I know you'll enjoy it.

A little more progress today by the stone guys. The awning guys showed up but there was no room for them to work like they thought there would be, so they measured and marked then went to the house possibly coming back a few times next week. Stone guys will be back tomorrow only if the rain for Monday is removed from the forecast.

Latest posts