Outdoor Kitchen

Help Support CattleToday:

Just about completed the floor (leaving me a little treat in the center) and had to quit when they reached the north counter/smoker (not built yet) area. The electrician/plumber/gas guy wasn't here today so no more counter work until he makes his connections. Also decided to place the grills in the holes to make sure their measurements were correct before cutting slabs next week.

Thanks. I just wish it wasn't taking so long. We are also finding out with this heat we're going to have to buy a swamp fan to kill some of the heat. Tried to sit out there and drink a beer but it was just to hot. I don't think a ceiling fan will do the job.

Arkansas seems to have fallen a little too far south next to Texas in that stone work.

Slick that is a grade A, #1 outdoor kitchen.

HDRider":3s7zw1jb said:
Arkansas seems to have fallen a little too far south next to Texas in that stone work.

:lol: A little slippage there.

Thank you. We are trying to make it something easy to work out of and proud to have.

slick4591":3ucoxtns said:
HDRider":3ucoxtns said:

:lol: A little slippage there.

Thank you. We are trying to make it something easy to work out of and proud to have.

You've already done that but go ahead and finish it anyway.

slick4591":3777uhy6 said:
Thanks. I just wish it wasn't taking so long. We are also finding out with this heat we're going to have to buy a swamp fan to kill some of the heat. Tried to sit out there and drink a beer but it was just to hot. I don't think a ceiling fan will do the job.
Which direction is the part where the grills are--looking out west when you will be cooking?
Makes a lot of difference in the afternoon sun. Solar cloth can work wonders on the sunny side.

Jogeephus":t7ds6ovd said:
You've already done that but go ahead and finish it anyway.

Thanks Jo. I believe we will. :lol:

greybeard":t7ds6ovd said:
Which direction is the part where the grills are--looking out west when you will be cooking?
Makes a lot of difference in the afternoon sun. Solar cloth can work wonders on the sunny side.

Yes, it's looking west and I have my doubts on the shade cloth alone being enough. We looked at some 80% stuff today at Home Depot and I wasn't impressed. Called a pro and got him on the hook to come out at some point for an estimate.

You might try a greenhouse supply company for shade cloth. I used it on my greenhouse years ago and it really worked well. They had 40-60-80% etc. shade ratings. Just an idea.

millstreaminn":2v28m68n said:
You might try a greenhouse supply company for shade cloth. I used it on my greenhouse years ago and it really worked well. They had 40-60-80% etc. shade ratings. Just an idea.

Thank you. I hadn't thought of that, but it reminds me that years ago I special ordered some of that fabric with grommets in it to string across a 30' area when we were catering and entertaining. When the summer/fall season was over I took it down and folded it, then put it away in the building. The rats ended up having a field day with it and it looked so bad I sent it to the burn pile. For this one I'm hoping to find something that can be rolled up like a window shade and left in place thru the off season.

Thanks, TT! Really nice of you to say that. Although, I have failed in two areas of this due to my wife not budging. I'm not getting a fridge or kegerator right now. But, this kitchen is expandable. :lol:

slick4591":3lmwj0sx said:
Jogeephus":3lmwj0sx said:
Yes, it's looking west and I have my doubts on the shade cloth alone being enough. We looked at some 80% stuff today at Home Depot and I wasn't impressed. Called a pro and got him on the hook to come out at some point for an estimate.

Slick,
i went thru several cheap ones on my patio and finally purchased a better grade off of amazon. They have all different grades and prices. I have been very satisfied with this one and also with the Keystone Co. for their advice and service. Check this one out on Amazon. Was no problem to install. Well built.

Keystone Fabrics Premium Outdoor Sun Shade, Cordless, 10-Feet by 8-Feet, Kona (under $400 )

bbirder":3olkkfky said:
slick4591":3olkkfky said:
Jogeephus":3olkkfky said:

Slick,
i went thru several cheap ones on my patio and finally purchased a better grade off of amazon. They have all different grades and prices. I have been very satisfied with this one and also with the Keystone Co. for their advice and service. Check this one out on Amazon. Was no problem to install. Well built.

Keystone Fabrics Premium Outdoor Sun Shade, Cordless, 10-Feet by 8-Feet, Kona (under $400 )

Thanks. I've looked and the longest I saw there was the 10' like you bought. I would prefer something 12", but not sure if I might have to go with two 6' to get there. Don't really want the break between the two either, but hopefully the pro can give me solid advice on what I have.

Latest posts