Outdoor Kitchen

Help Support CattleToday:

They offer it in different lengths and I am sure they have a 12'. At the least it will give you a comparison to the price the pro gives you. Mine has a heavy duty removable crank handle to raise and lower. It can be hung somewhere out of the way. Also, the bottom has enough weight to it that the wind doesn't flap it around.

I was wondering how hard those cranks would be to use because the wife isn't very strong. I kinda figured the wider they were the harder it would be.

slick4591":19awhje7 said:
Just about completed the floor (leaving me a little treat in the center) and had to quit when they reached the north counter/smoker (not built yet) area. The electrician/plumber/gas guy wasn't here today so no more counter work until he makes his connections. Also decided to place the grills in the holes to make sure their measurements were correct before cutting slabs next week.

After going over all your pics I found a MAJOR problem with your outdoor kitchen.

slick4591":1oqws67p said:
I was wondering how hard those cranks would be to use because the wife isn't very strong. I kinda figured the wider they were the harder it would be.
There is also a motorized version that works with a remote.
I had some bamboo shades on the front porch for awhile, but had to take them down. Red wasps decided them shades were the upscale portion of the neighborhood and entire families moved in all along it's rolled up length.

greybeard":htn42ay3 said:
slick4591":htn42ay3 said:

I've seen those and that would be my preferred operation. In fact birder, turned me on to the manufacturer that made his and I have an email into them now to see if they can accommodate what I'm wanting. In the back of my mind I know there will be a time when I'm not around and the wife will want it raised and wish for the motorized version if we don't already have it.

They crank very easy. Gears do wonders.
A 5 yr old could crank it, and u don't need electrical run to it. I also prefer it to the loop because I can remove it and get it out of the way. Mine stays down at all times unless a storm is coming.

Thanks, that's great to know. Wouldn't want something she couldn't handle. Electricity will already be there because my plan is to have outlets where you would never think you would need them. Been there done that sorta thing.

greybeard":3i4ydvd5 said:
slick4591":3i4ydvd5 said:
I had some bamboo shades on the front porch for awhile, but had to take them down. Red wasps decided them shades were the upscale portion of the neighborhood and entire families moved in all along it's rolled up length.

GB, not sure how much you liked your shades but if you want to use them again I will give you a guaranteed foolproof remedy. Ever heard of TempoSC? It's a pesticide. They may have it at TSC. I buy it locally at the fertilizer dealer. Works wonders. I mix a bottle (I think it's a pint can't remember) to a 25 gallon atv sprayer. I spray my house, barns, kennels and any other 'structures'. I only spray the exterior. It's labeled for interior use as well. Safe as soon as it drys. I spray the brick, siding, eaves, ceilings, doors, windows, foundation vents, electrical boxes and anything else. Offers a reliable 6 month residual. I do it in April and October. I have no wasps, carpenter bees, dirt daubers, spiders, roaches, ants, termites, and very few skeeters. Doesn't help with the gnats at all. I promise you won't be disappointed. $55/bottle here.

One word of warning. Do not spray your cricket box and/or boat. I have a friend who sprayed his cricket box while it was in his utility room. Put crickets in it 3-4 months later and struck out for the river. When he got there they were ALL dead. Took us a while to figure out why.

Another day in the books... They almost completed the counter top on the west side and got the island top set. Just three 3 small pieces to be set to complete it on the south end. Plumber/electrician/gas guy called in sick and they said he may show up tomorrow or Monday. He is the one to cut out and set the sink, then do all the hookups. They didn't attach the cabinet doors under the Santa Maria and gas grill because those are access points for him. We also got the plan for the north counter and smoker mapped out and it sounds like they'll start that next weekend. Guess time will tell. Haven't heard from anyone associated with the solar shade but the audio visual guy came yesterday morning and gave us his recommendations. If the wife approves it there will be a 65 inch tv watching device hanging on the south wall with an upgraded sound system. (Cross your fingers for me, please.) :D

I gotta gives props to Lowe's. Brick store didn't have the LED light I wanted so I ordered yesterday afternoon online. It was delivered today. That is all.

JMJ Farms":2vajgzwh said:
greybeard":2vajgzwh said:
slick4591":2vajgzwh said:

GB, not sure how much you liked your shades but if you want to use them again I will give you a guaranteed foolproof remedy. Ever heard of TempoSC? It's a pesticide. They may have it at TSC. I buy it locally at the fertilizer dealer. Works wonders. I mix a bottle (I think it's a pint can't remember) to a 25 gallon atv sprayer. I spray my house, barns, kennels and any other 'structures'. I only spray the exterior. It's labeled for interior use as well. Safe as soon as it drys. I spray the brick, siding, eaves, ceilings, doors, windows, foundation vents, electrical boxes and anything else. Offers a reliable 6 month residual. I do it in April and October. I have no wasps, carpenter bees, dirt daubers, spiders, roaches, ants, termites, and very few skeeters. Doesn't help with the gnats at all. I promise you won't be disappointed. $55/bottle here.

One word of warning. Do not spray your cricket box and/or boat. I have a friend who sprayed his cricket box while it was in his utility room. Put crickets in it 3-4 months later and struck out for the river. When he got there they were ALL dead. Took us a while to figure out why.

Owing to the fact my house is so close to the National Forest (85' away) bugs are terrible here..all kinds.
Flying, crawling, under the ground and in the air. I have 3 really good bug zappers on the front porch and flying bugs still eat my poor wife up.
I will look into TempoSC. I've never seen it, but it sounds promising. I usually spray my whole yard including all up under my house and the front porch with Permethrin 10 every spring. It probably doesn't do a very good job tho..I just did it a few weeks ago. (my house sits nearly 5' off the ground, so it get's plenty of air flow under there and I don't worry much about the fumes coming up thru the floor and killing us in our sleep)

Thanks for the tip on the Tempo!!

Slick..your kitchen is really looking great.

I don't know that I would ever see the inside of the house again with that addition Slick. Coming along beautifully! Fingers crossed for the 65" tube!

slick-this is so awesome. I'm watching in amazement. This is just perfect. Had some friends who once said if they ever remodeled their kitchen, they were putting in a slatted floor so all they had to do was hose it down once in awhile. That was before anyone ever thought about an outdoor kitchen.

Latest posts