Banned Users

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":x3dmgpho said:
I'd hate to see someone go off the deep end because Cattle Today banned them.

People (especially considering the average we at CT are) actually have that kind of problem if they're banned from an internet discussion board?

I find that kind of amazing and a bit troubling all at the same time.....

I don't care for permanent banning. I do think placing rule breakers on lock down for offenses is much more effective. For how long being determined by the moderators of the board.
Let's all take a look at the facts. Objectively, any thread that has any strife, conflict or "controversial" issues consistently has significant numbers of total views.
Especially if it involves cowgirl8, Bright Raven, or even True grit. Many folks profess to taking issue with the aforementioned, but these same people are lightning rods for viewership...and personally, I believe make this board a much more interesting place. There is a wealth of cattle knowledge still here and some new folks joined recently that have added to that as well.
My first year on CT, we were consistently being told to go over to Ranchers if we wanted to 'carry on'. Anybody ever really go to Ranchers? I lurk there a couple times a week and the place has a fraction of the activity this site does. Very nice people with great knowledge, and clearly not as much free time to post as those here at CT.

I hope Alisonb is happy. She started a thread on banning that is going to get someone banned based on the way it is going.

I still wish they would lift the ban on religion. It would be like selling whisky to the Indians.

:hide:

I wish folks had a bit more self restraint to keep themselves from getting banned. M5 comes to mind. I know he left for personal reasons, but before that he was banned. He had good information, and was fun to banter with. The biggest problem is that people can't keep from insulting someone that has a differing view, they seem to have no other argument other than the "you're stupid/ignorant/a snowflake/etc."

I'm in favor of a warning system followed by a temporary ban and then a complete banning.

Bestoutwest":304lnexf said:
The biggest problem is that people can't keep from insulting someone that has a differing view, they seem to have no other argument other than the "you're stupid/ignorant/a snowflake/etc."

Bingo

I don't appreciate drama or anecdotal evidence, so I just avoid it, or handle it as straight forward as possible if it presents it's self. Some people thrive on it. Fence builders must be more mature, in general, than the average person, at least when sober...ish, because we simply don't have these kinds of problems on our forum. If someone makes a comment that is out of line, it simply gets ignored, and people generally get the message. No warning points have ever been awarded, and nobody has ever been banned. The moderators are great to answer tech questions, but let us govern ourselves....with great success. Watching people be mean to each other, just for the sake of being mean, says volumes about an individual.

Bestoutwest":152vp6d1 said:
I wish folks had a bit more self restraint to keep themselves from getting banned. M5 comes to mind. I know he left for personal reasons, but before that he was banned. He had good information, and was fun to banter with. The biggest problem is that people can't keep from insulting someone that has a differing view, they seem to have no other argument other than the "you're stupid/ignorant/a snowflake/etc."

I'm in favor of a warning system followed by a temporary ban and then a complete banning.

I miss Dash. Helluva mechanical mind! And would do anything for just about anyone best I could tell.

Farm Fence Solutions":1envpnqo said:
I don't appreciate drama or anecdotal evidence, so I just avoid it, or handle it as straight forward as possible if it presents it's self. Some people thrive on it. Fence builders must be more mature, in general, than the average person, at least when sober...ish, because we simply don't have these kinds of problems on our forum. If someone makes a comment that is out of line, it simply gets ignored, and people generally get the message. No warning points have ever been awarded, and nobody has ever been banned. The moderators are great to answer tech questions, but let us govern ourselves....with great success. Watching people be mean to each other, just for the sake of being mean, says volumes about an individual.

So true Luke. No safer place to bully someone from than behind a keyboard...

Bright Raven":37e7jk5g said:
I hope Alisonb is happy. She started a thread on banning that is going to get someone banned based on the way it is going.

I still wish they would lift the ban on religion. It would be like selling whisky to the Indians.

Not to mention it would give you a personal platform from which to denigrate anyone that had any kind of personal religious belief as well as tearing down the belief itself, and that is the primary reason religion is off limits here. For you, that's the attraction, on almost a fetish level.
If you are looking for the reason it's discussion is banned, look no farther than the nearest mirror.

Posts about cattle are getting lost in all the "in the news" types of posts.. And every one of those "in the news" topics is absolutely predictable and boring..
I'd be all for temporary bans, even if just for a couple hours for insults.. Permanent bans don't seem to be working, user just come under a different name, loses their post count, and now it's harder to search their posts for a topic because there's a couple usernames..

Brad,

I second your statement on True Grit. I enjoy him even if he is a "nut". Furthermore, the banter between True Grit and I is in no way mean spirited. I simply have a flaw that I like to pick on the disadvantaged.
:lol:

Kidding. Candidly, I enjoy his fellowship. He is an inspiration to our youth everywhere to get an education. Just don't enter his driveway

Honest, he adds a lot to the forum.

:banana:

greybeard":1yl4klms said:
Bright Raven":1yl4klms said:

Not to mention it would give you a personal platform from which to denigrate anyone that had any kind of personal religious belief as well as tearing down the belief itself, and that is the primary reason religion is off limits here. For you, that's the attraction, on almost a fetish level.
If you are looking for the reason it's discussion is banned, look no farther than the nearest mirror.

I confess. I personally could benefit from philosophical, spiritually based discussion. Im as confused as i have ever been and would genuinely benefit from discussions on the topic...alas, that won't happen on CT and I do understand why. Can't even agree about cattle, couldn't imagine something as abstract as matters of faith...

bball":11irzag6 said:
Bestoutwest":11irzag6 said:

I miss Dash. Helluva mechanical mind! And would do anything for just about anyone best I could tell.

I agree five has character. The ability to fight one day and do business the next.
Not many people have that kinda character. They either side with a group or get their feelings permanently hurt.

greybeard":5qxpqkuw said:
Bright Raven":5qxpqkuw said:

I disagree.

callmefence":2yyqql74 said:
bball":2yyqql74 said:
Bestoutwest":2yyqql74 said:

I agree five has character. The ability to fight one day and do business the next.
Not many people have that kinda character. They either side with a group are get their feelings permanently hurt.

Fence, sincerely, you are smart sumbitch.

Latest posts