Banned Users

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":7i7m99dj said:
So who ever owns the board asked you to see what the members thought one this subject?
So why on earth would I be singled out to be asked that :lol: really Brute...

It's good to engage in a discussion and know how others feel about a matter, you will never know what comes out of it or who is reading it. Thanks for your opinion ;-)

alisonb":pp2cfx0m said:
How about the User that operates under various names? Do you think that person should be banned immediately after it becoming clear who he/she is?
Some come back flying under the radar,, then there's the ones that are like trying to hide a elephant in a outhouse..

greybeard":12isd9lu said:
Not to mention it would give you a personal platform from which to denigrate anyone that had any kind of personal religious belief as well as tearing down the belief itself, and that is the primary reason religion is off limits here.

Thoughts:

The rule banning discussions of religion preceded me. Rationally, The primary reason to ban discussion of religion is because of the controversial nature of the subject. Not everyone believes the same or in fact, not everyone believes.

There are many who need to look in the mirror. The ones that bristle when their religion is criticized, are the same ones who slander, insult, denigrate, disparage another religion such as Islam.
Hypocrisy?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":25v8xrng said:
This is not a forum for religion.

Agree. The discussion was broadly on issues related to banning. Such as religion and politics. I am replying to Greybeard that I observe that Users bristle when I make a sarcastic remark about religion when in fact, Islam is often the subject of sarcasm. That is hypocritical.

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
I don't appreciate drama or anecdotal evidence,

I'm getting back into the discussion. I agree with Farm Fence Solutions. Anecdotal evidence to me is to be taken with a large grain of salt. When you are having a talk and someone says " I met a guy who told me" or "My brother-in-law said". Also If we don't agree that's fine but don't call me a name or some other insult. It reminds me of my father-in-law. If he didn't agree with you and you showed him facts that he didn't like, he would slam the table, start swearing and if needed walk out the door. In his family it worked very well, if he wasn't placated he would go out and get drunk. Actually I enjoy this forum very much and have learned and have shared.

Bright Raven":2o0ii11i said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2o0ii11i said:

Agree. The discussion was broadly on issues related to banning. Such as religion and politics. I am replying to Greybeard that I observe that Users bristle when I make a sarcastic remark about religion when in fact, Islam is often the subject of sarcasm. That is hypocritical.
Islam is not a religion, it's a political ideology. Quit bringing islam up, thanks.

farmguy":1fdec3b0 said:

I'm getting back into the discussion. I agree with Farm Fence Solutions. Anecdotal evidence to me is to be taken with a large grain of salt. When you are having a talk and someone says " I met a guy who told me" or "My brother-in-law said". Also If we don't agree that's fine but don't call me a name or some other insult. It reminds me of my father-in-law. If he didn't agree with you and you showed him facts that he didn't like, he would slam the table, start swearing and if needed walk out the door. In his family it worked very well, if he wasn't placated he would go out and get drunk. Actually I enjoy this forum very much and have learned and have shared.

Let's get real:

90 % of what is posted is anecdotal or commentary. To me it is not a problem. It is how most communication is conducted. I would not come down too hard on it or there would only be about 10 posts a day it you had to support your post with data.

True Grit Farms":m65g9zud said:
Bright Raven":m65g9zud said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":m65g9zud said:

Islam is not a religion, it's a political ideology. Quit bringing islam up, thanks.

My case rests!!! Here you see the hypocrisy.

Banning does work in some cases. A user may come back but if she/he continues they get banned again. I think the record for bans was 4 becuase they stayed gone. The primary reasons for banning is threats, name calling, and insulting. The reason for the religion and politics ban is those subjects tend to cause more irrational arguments which leads to insults, threats and name calling. Being a horsesass by itself doesn;t get someone banned. Even being a general pain in the butt doesn;t. In most cases after banning when they return since they still have to go through the 5 approved posts before they are turned loose if they are going to continue the behaviour that got them banned they will not get their posts approved.

dun":2cktkdht said:
Banning does work in some cases. A user may come back but if she/he continues they get banned again. I think the record for bans was 4 becuase they stayed gone. The primary reasons for banning is threats, name calling, and insulting. The reason for the religion and politics ban is those subjects tend to cause more irrational arguments which leads to insults, threats and name calling. Being a horsesass by itself doesn;t get someone banned. Even being a general pain in the butt doesn;t. In most cases after banning when they return since they still have to go through the 5 approved posts before they are turned loose if they are going to continue the behaviour that got them banned they will not get their posts approved.

Candidly, you do a great job. In fact, I think the forum runs well.

Bright Raven":15vs7ush said:
farmguy":15vs7ush said:

Let's get real:

90 % of what is posted is anecdotal or commentary. To me it is not a problem. It is how most communication is conducted. I would not come down too hard on it or there would only be about 10 posts a day it you had to support your post with data.

I am inclined to agree. Especially when dealing with topics like cattle, hay, grass, etc. Factor in the regional variances and we have to expect anecdotal inputs. In many aspects, it's the nature of farming and ranching. Many of us do not function in the controlled environments that many agriculture studies and research is conducted. I appreciate the anecdotal, commentary and inputs. Take what works for you and leave what does not. Agree, grain of salt, but when I find a sprinkle I can use, you better believe my taters are getting salted.

A User that gets banned and keeps coming back must surely have serious issues...they need their head read.

alisonb":2qjlrc1f said:
A User that gets banned and keeps coming back must surely have serious issues...they need their head read.

I consider them blessed with perseverance :D
I would be much more concerned about someone with MULTIPLE active accounts... :lol2:

bball":3alq9utr said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3alq9utr said:
I don't appreciate drama or anecdotal evidence, so I just avoid it, or handle it as straight forward as possible if it presents it's self. Some people thrive on it. Fence builders must be more mature, in general, than the average person, at least when sober...ish, because we simply don't have these kinds of problems on our forum. If someone makes a comment that is out of line, it simply gets ignored, and people generally get the message. No warning points have ever been awarded, and nobody has ever been banned. The moderators are great to answer tech questions, but let us govern ourselves....with great success. Watching people be mean to each other, just for the sake of being mean, says volumes about an individual.

So true Luke. No safer place to bully someone from than behind a keyboard...

Anecdotal evidence is better than zero evidence. And experience is legitimate evidence. Your right every one on that forum gets quite when you bring up a discussion that they are not used to or it threatens a vested interest. I have not been challenged there by one thread of actual evidence.

I would rather argue a fence topic here I would get a better and more honest response, by people not afraid to have their way challenged or to challenge mine. No malicious intent my friend, just the truth.

bball":2kj8drci said:
alisonb":2kj8drci said:

I consider them blessed with perseverance :D
I would be much more concerned about someone with MULTIPLE active accounts... :lol2:

Thank you dear kind gentleman.

I have been banned twice. Through the ages I have been Inyati (the Matebelle word for cape buffalo), Margonme ( after my favorite cow Margo) and now I exist as Bright Raven. Each time, I came back in complete transparency. Never hiding from who I am. I like me. My friends like me... Enough. I came back because of the void I left....

:lol:

I only have one account. Larry worries me. ;-)

Latest posts